News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club July Newsletter

Started by Bill Levy CLC # 25695, June 30, 2020, 10:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Levy CLC # 25695

From Under the Shade Tree of The North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club

It is now July and many things continue to in our lives since the first of this year.   Will this change forever? We don’t know yet, but one thing is for sure. It should all be for the good.  Meanwhile, stay safe, healthy, wear a mask, and six feet apart.

In the July 2020 issue of the Standard of The World newsletter:

Page 1. A Happy Independence Day to all.  And remember, freedom is not free.

Page 2. My story about my first Cadillac.  I welcome your stories about your first Cadillac.

Page 3. Here are excerpts from the CLC Board Meeting.  I found the discussions very interesting.  We had 54 present on a ZOOM broadcast.

Page 4. A story about Al Capone’s Bulletproof 1938 Cadillac.

Page 5.  An example of what $100. Will buy.  In 1968 it was worth $759 in today’s money, and in 1975 is was equal to $467 in today’s money.  That ’68 was worth it.

Page 6. They cancelled the CLC GN in Kansas City this year, so here is a look at the last on there in 2010.

Page 7. Our First Saturday Breakfast Social on Zoom. Our next one is Saturday, July 4th.  Notify me by Friday, June 3, 6:00 p.m. that you wish to tune in and I will send the log on and passcode to you by text or email.

Page 8.  Classified.  Must be a sign of the times.

Page 9. Sunshine Report and Membership Report. 

Page 10. Activities Calendar.  PATE is still on.

Page 11.  More of our advertisers-Hagerty Classic Car Insurance; our popular North Texas Region logo club items; and Digital 3 Printing (they print our newsletter).  Also, our officers and directors. 

Next Board Meeting TBA

Page 12. Our Calendar for your fridge.

Happy Trails.

Bill "Lifer" Levy
North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club
President, Newsletter Editor, Pate Swap Meet Director
B. Levy
41 61S Fastback
68 Sedan DeVille
68 Coupe DeVille
73 Fleetwood Brougham
01 Eldorado ETC