News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Progress On My '37 LaSalle Frame, Manifolds, Headers

Started by carlhungness, November 14, 2020, 03:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

A couple of photos here of progress on my '37 LaSalle frame. I made some rollers using 4" square tube and Harbor Freight castors that sure make it easy to roll around.
I was able to roll it into a field to have it glass bead blasted, then it was on to the powder coater where he covered it with "GM Black".
    I decided to knock the barnacles off my intake and exhaust manifolds using carbide bits and every abrasive in my stash ranging from flap wheels to Rol-Loc discs. They'll look a lot smoother once coated. Engine is a 500" Cadillac.
    The top 8-10 inches of the transmission are also visible just in front of the firewall so I'll have to smooth it up as well.
    Here's an exhaust clamp I revamped that started life as a conduit clamp that was too large. It has a nice flat bend at the top which clones the original thus allowing me space to install a spring just like the originals. I simply clamped the clamp onto a 2" piece of exhaust tubing and reduced its diameter with a torch, hammer and a little patience. They work perfectly.