News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cimarron

Started by Harley Earl, February 05, 2021, 10:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Earl

Seriously considering a Cimarron.  Yes, I know, BUT balance in all things Cadillac.  Yin Yang and all that.

Looking for a rust-free example preferably with the optional digital dash.  Model year, Four cylinder, V6, standard transmission; does not matter.   Must be a Running, non-basket case example with ok original paint or a decent repaint ONLY.  Must have some verifiable service records, traceable VIN (as in no major accidents or title issues).  An original window sticker is a plus.  Willing to pay a premium for the right one within reason…PM me if you have or know of one, CLC members only, please.  Thank you
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

David King (kz78hy)

Reach out to Alan Haas, he has one which was his driver back in the day.  Early pilot car which was certified and retailed (to Al).  Manual trans, likely one of handful made.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

D.Smith

Quote from: David King  (kz78hy) on February 28, 2021, 02:43:44 PM
Reach out to Alan Haas, he has one which was his driver back in the day.  Early pilot car which was certified and retailed (to Al).  Manual trans, likely one of handful made.

David

That's what I had.  An early, loaded 1982 that had the 1.8 motor with manual transmission.  Silver with red leather.  My advice is to get a later 6 cylinder one.   The 1.8 four banger was terribly underpowered.   And the manual shift was a 4 speed, not even a 5 speed.   Acceleration was at a snails pace.    I bought it as a companion to my 74 Eldorado.  I thought it would be a novelty and be fun to drive and certainly better on gas than the 74 Eldorado.      But it wasn't fun to drive.  You were shifting like a madman just to get across the intersection from a red light.   The paint finish was typical of GM of the time, poor.   But the leather seats and interior was exceptionally well put together.   

My advice is to get one of the last ones with the V6. 

Harley Earl

Thank you Vince for the tip.  Interesting story on Jeff's Cimarron in the newsletter.  I have attempted to reach out, unfortunately Jeff's email is not correct in the CLC membership directory (getting a send failure).
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s