News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 Build sheet from Allied Vaughn need help Please

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, April 06, 2021, 05:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
    I sent for my build sheet from Allied Vaughn a while back and had a very hard time reading the right hand side right after date shipped .I can make out Color (54) Trim (351) everything else just is a blur to me . I wrote back to the source and they told me that is the best they can do . I do understand the records are 50 plus years old . Does somebody have a clear copy of the right hand side of the sheet ? Some of the options I have are Y ,E ,M ,B ,A,K ,D ,6, 2 . I have added a right hand side and a left hand side . Also I added a copy of the build sheet found inside the car behind the back seat .

PS Also can someone decode the change to outlet and ship to outlet 162719

Thank you very much
          Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

fishnjim

I think that's "Charge to"   ship to: the receiving dealer most likely.   Same place.
I don't know if there's a public access to those internal codes.   
Not sure what you're trying to find out that you don't already have?
I think you had all the info in the build sheet.   The codes should be in the '70 parts list, or try the GM Heritage "archive"  www.gmheritagecenter.com and download the vehicle information kit (whole package includes the specifications manual.)   Codes will be in there someplace.
I had no build sheet and got mine from the GM heritage center and had no issues.

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Jim ,
     I got mine also from the The GM Heritage Center. The problem being the sheet is so blurry it is unreadable .  I sent for the build sheet for both my 1957 Eldorado's and they were crystal clear . I can not make out the print on the sheet they sent me for the 1970 build sheet . I am looking for somebody that has a readable build sheet for 1970 .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Kurt Weess

Bill,

Attached is the copy I received for my 70 Brougham.  I blew up the area you're interested in.  Hopefully this is what you're looking for.

Kurt

76eldo

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Tom Hall 7485

No, Mr. Bozin, AFAIK, and I have been collecting dealer data for years, there is no "one-stop-shopping" for the outlet codes.

In the case of Mr. Balkie's car, the dealer billed was the one clearly indicated as Southampton, (Long Island) New York, which
I believe was Peter Glennon Buick-Cadillac, Inc., but cannot be sure as of June 1970.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Tom ,
      You are correct my car was purchased  in 1970 at Peter Glennon  Buick Cadillac  Southampton NY .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Cape Cod Fleetwood

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

35-709

:)  or these ---
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Bill Balkie 24172

Thank you 35-709 and Cape code Fleetwood  and Kurt ,
     Your Build sheets are crystal clear . i paid 50 dollars for something that was not readable . When i sent to Allied vaughn for my 57 Seville back in 06 and my 57 Biarritz back in 2011  they sent a beautiful illistration of the build sheet with all of the options highlighted and a human touch was was present .  With my 1970 Cadillac i got a 
blurry sheet sent in a PDF form . Thanks again for your help .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS