News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1920s-1930s Cadillac advertising in pristine condition - NOT Mine

Started by 79 Eldorado, December 12, 2021, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

79 Eldorado

This was posted on another Cadillac forum but I thought it would be interesting to some on this site. I did suggest to the OP that they post here:
https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/1920s-1930s-cadillac-advertising-in-pristine-condition.1115462/#post-17990526

She shows several preview photos. It looks like something which probably deserves to be preserved in a museum.

Scott

jdemerson

I'm a bit puzzled.  What are we looking at here?  Are they preprints of magazine ads?  Some sort of mock-ups? Or are they just very nicely preserved ads taken from magazines?

With one exception, I have these ads in my collection, and the magazine ads are not hard to find on eBay, with a little patience.  I agree that they are interesting and sttractive advertising.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan  6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

79 Eldorado

John,
My impression is they are the actual publications; just preserved or maintained in excellent condition. My interests are normally focused on "newer" (relatively speaking) vehicles but I appreciate the history. I believe the person who found them simply wants them to be taken care of if indeed they are something special. IMO anything, these, yours, or anything which survived that long and still appears much newer is pretty amazing. If there are many similar out there great but I would also be surprised.

That's just my take; as I mentioned Not mine.

Scott

robert G. smits

I would agree that they represent well preserved magazine adds.  I also have most of these in my collection in pristine condition.  Not very valuable in my opinion but I have been wrong before.
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Ads were a BIG thing 20 or 30 years ago. There used to be vendors at swap metes selling only ads.
Long gone now!! Anybody wat to buy my Pepsi or 33/34 Worlds Fair collection??
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.