News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle Series 52 5-Passenger Touring Sedan, Needs Reassembly, $4,250

Started by Vince Taliano #13852, April 30, 2022, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Taliano #13852

1940 LaSalle Series 52 5-passenger 4-door Touring Sedan, style number 40-5219, repainted original blue color, paint code 15, trim number 53 (single tone gray-green bedford cord), engine number and frame number match, comes with three correct wheels (currently has wire wheels installed), needs reassembly, $12,500 $4,250, contact Nelson Bates at bates electro at yahoo dot com or (903) 237-8098, Car is in Texas (contact Nelson for specifics)
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
With all due respect to all the people selling "basket" cases. I've never seen so many at one time. It's probably 4 or 5. Pre war cars  are not too desirable. . Good luck to all of them.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Ohjai

Wow!  A 3 WHEEL LaSalle. A DYI kit for only $12,500. And you get the joy of trying to locate the missing pieces for years to come,  :)
'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

Poncholover

Dispersions aside, for the guy trying to restore a POS, a car like this could be the recipient of the "gift of life" and save a hobbyist a ton of money. Or sit in a warehouse for the next guy in 20 years. Free storage!
Flattie Caddy

Vince Taliano #13852

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

harry s

If you like the 52 Series LaSalle this is now reasonable. The owner "stepped up".
Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Blàçkpøwdër

wheikkila

Good evening everyone
This past Wednesday my wife and I went to inspect this car for purchase.  What a great car.  The body is rust and damage free.  The paint is older but fabulous.  The frame looks like it was painted yesterday.  The brakes and fuel systems have been replaced.  The bumpers were recromed and the stainless has been polished.  They also have many NOS parts that go with the car. Now the bad.  The engine needs rebuilt and it needs a complete interior.  But when finished it will be a beautiful car when finished. I was about to purchase it when a family issue came up.  But I took photos and spent the last hour trying to upload them.  If your interested please PM me answer any questions you have or send you photos.
Thanks Wayne

Tom Boehm

What is wrong with the engine? It looks painted up nice. Is all the original interior there?

wheikkila

I was told the engine was sent out to a repair shop by the owner. When it came back the shop installed it and tried starting it. But it would barley wind over. They thought it was a starter issue. In the end they pulled the pan and said the cylinders were heavily scared. They stopped there. That was 25 years ago.
           Thanks Wayne         

Bryan J Moran

A cautionary tale for sure.  Interesting in this time of inflation and value determinations, that the price started so high and dropped drastically and STILL remains unsold. 
CLC 35000 in number only