News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Blue Mistress (55 FW)

Started by Caddy Wizard, March 21, 2022, 01:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Wizard

Quote from: David King  (kz78hy) on December 14, 2023, 11:10:51 AMI had a mystery rubber part when I bought stuff for my car.  In Sept. I helped Rick Payton retrieve a parts car that had been stored inside for 50 years.  A very solid car.  I  noticed this bumper shield and how it was supposed to go so I took some photos so I could remember.  I thought I would post here for reference as well.  Seems an odd execution to me.

Yes, my original car (the Blue Mistress -- about 30k miles when I acquired it) had the same rubber splash shields screwed to the back of the rear quarter panels to keep mud and dirt from accumulating in the ends of the rear bumper ends.  Just like in your picture.  Mine were in good enough shape to re-use them, although i did add a second layer of rubber sheet to reinforce them, as they are getting old and tired...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)