News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

My 1958 Biarritz Project For Sale $34,000

Started by cadillac ken, August 30, 2022, 10:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillac ken

I'm selling my 1958 Biarritz project.  I have owned this car for over 30 years and have collected almost everything for it to complete the project.  However the realization has set in that I will not be able to do this car. It has been stored in my shop and while I have chipped away at it for all these years, life has gotten in the way and it's time to part with it.

It is a rare car in that it has factory Air Ride, Factory A/C and the color combination is very rare. It has been reported that less than eighty 1958 Biarritz cars had the factory  A/C option installed. It is an Argyle Blue paint car. The top material was ordered in black. The interior is silver and dark gray leather. This color combination was verified by the 1958 Biarritz Registry of the CLC-- and was told it was extremely rare to see this.

I have a clear Florida Title.  The original engine and transmission are still in place in the car. I have plenty of documentation on the car as well as the build sheet. The Air Ride was replaced on this Biarritz at some point. However, the sale includes a 1958 Fleetwood complete with engine and a complete Air Ride system, albeit, needing to be rebuilt.  There a many bits and pieces on this Fleetwood that can be used for the restoration of the Biarritz.

You can see by the photos what I have.  What I don't have are the following items:

-- front seat ( a standard split bench seat from a coupe can be used)
-- The two arm rest/door panel pieces that say "Biarritz" ( I will include a set from a
  Seville)
-- The pillar post trim for the convertible top windshield frame.  All other moldings are
    present for the convertible windshield frame excepting these two pieces.
-- The top frame is there but it is rusty. It will need some repair or replacement of pieces. 
    I have a nice header and other bows that I have purchased some time ago.
-- The rear interior panels are only good for patterns.
-- I have a rear seat from a Seville. It will work but will need to be narrowed (I have done
  this many times; not a big deal) 

I have not shown everything that comes with the car but if purchased I will be happy to provide any small items that you may need.  I have many really nice spares for 1958 Cadillacs as I have been collecting for many, many years and have parted out some cars with some very nice pieces that I have stored away.

I can say everything that I do have is very nice as evidenced by the photos.

Please send me a message if you are genuinely interested. I will be happy to address all your questions and discuss this project.

Asking Price $34,000

cadillac ken

Here are a few more photos. I have much more but please message me if genuinely interested in this car and I will answer any questions you have

Thanks, Ken

CaddyJay

cadillac ken

Sorry that Fleetwood has an air ride system and it will go to the buyer of the Biarritz as part of the deal since the Biarritz has factory air ride-- but at some point was converted to a conventional suspension.

Regrds, Ken

cadillac ken

I am accepting offers on this, my 1958 Biarritz.  No need to sell but am adding an addition to my new house and could used the funds.

Happy to answer any questions.  PM me if you like.  I will address all responses.

Regards, Ken