News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'75 Eldorado AM/FM Radio with 8-track RESTORED

Started by benji808, September 18, 2022, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benji808

Curious if anyone has a restored/refurbished 8-track radio from the mid-70s. Mine is having some issues, and most of the restoration shops seem to have long wait times. I've tried my luck with some "as-is" radios on ebay and they typically develop similar issues in time.

Let me know what you have!

Thanks!

V63

I would not anticipate running vintage 8 track cassettes in them?

that may not end well because the cassettes degrade, specifically the tape splice... resulting in the tape spooling inside the deck.

benji808

That's fair- I believe my issue is somewhere in the potentiometer connections and causes an intermittent short that affects how sound is sent to the speakers (so it affects the radio as well as 8 track). I mostly want the 8 track model because that appears to be what came with the car originally. I think I found one from a restorer on eBay, so will see if that pans out.