News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1973 Eldorado Convertible 97,000 miles $16,000 obo

Started by Bryan J Moran, December 01, 2022, 09:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/669763874555946/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A6ced0ad6-84f2-4eb4-99b4-a911abbae9f7

Not offered by a dealership

Seller's Description
1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible, with 96,301 original miles.  We've owned it for 27 years, and it has always been garaged.  New battery 4/21, new top and back window 11/12, new tires 06/12, at 94,431 miles.  Wash, wax, glaze. and buffed 08/16.  I have the original radio (doesn't work) and 2 extra wheels.  Asking $16,000 neg.  More photos upon request.  Any questions, please private message me

CLC 35000 in number only

Gene Beaird

Weird that the horn pad is a different color than the rest of the interior. 
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Bryan J Moran

I sent the seller a message asking.  I know I am a cheapskate and this is a nice car in the photos, but to me - 100,000 miles on a 73 Eldorado is a lot.  The "new" items the seller notes, probably to try and boost the asking price, are normal wear and tear maintenance items, the cost of doing business for the old car hobby. 

I also know that in most cases, the 500 will be fine for another 50,000 miles with normal maintenance, but the transmission, axles, front end components?   To me, once this era Eldorado, and probably DeVilles, reach this mileage without a full on restoration, which few receive, they have a limit to price. 

Update - seller responded quickly that it is original - just sun fade.
CLC 35000 in number only

benji808

Yeah, I'd say $16k is a bit steep for this one. Paint looks nice (from what we can see), but interior has significant wear and looks like some tears, and engine bay is a bit rough. I'd want to know about how it runs and drives, if there's any major rust or leaks, and how the auxiliary systems function (convertible top, AC, wipers, etc.). 10 years old for the tires is a bit concerning and makes me wonder how often it's driven (I'm assuming 06/12 means June 2012).

If all that checks out ok maybe $8k - $10k for a solid driver? And if you want to drive it set aside $3k - $5k for new tires, vacuum lines, brake checks, cooling system, possibly suspension, as Bryan notes etc. (maybe cheaper depending on how much you do yourself).