News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'60 CDV parts car going at auction

Started by fishnjim, December 20, 2022, 03:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tassie Devil(le)

Looks like a Series 62 to me.   But then, I could be wrong.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

David Greenburg

Bruce, you're correct; it's definitely not a CDV. Door panels and manual windows are Ser 62.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on December 20, 2022, 07:32:03 PMLooks like a Series 62 to me.   But then, I could be wrong.

Bruce. >:D
Bruce, you are not wrong: the letter "G" from the VIN is for a 6267 coupe.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

James Landi

an interesting web site--- some of the brief descriptions are unintentionally humorous, such as--"a great winter restoration project." for one of the cars that has a locked engine, locked drive train, etc.   

fishnjim

I think it(red one) was labeled that way, so you wouldn't find it, if it was "correct".   My series 62 car is titled as "CVD" because in this state, that's the only description they have for Cad coupe titles.  So don't let correctness worry you. 
Several have been looking for '60s parts.  Caveat Emptor.

Yes, James, "needs full restoration" etc. has a wide application...  Some of these auctions are very big and they have to catalog hundreds of junks in a short time and many don't specialize in auto haven't seen some of these vehicles and in such shape they're hard to recognize.