News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Fleetwood

Started by Andy Green, May 05, 2023, 10:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Green

My 57 Fleetwood for sale, great car, owned since 2017. Check it out on Bonhams The Market UK. Lots of money spent on this car, can assist with shipping at your expense. Thanks, Andy
20220105_153209_resized_1.jpg20220723_152627_resized.jpg20220105_153843_resized.jpg20220105_153644_resized_1.jpg   

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

Chasmann

Beautiful car.Cant imagine shipping cost to states.
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: Chasmann on May 05, 2023, 04:09:42 PMBeautiful car.Cant imagine shipping cost to states.
Not more than shipping a car from the US to Europe!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Andy Green

Thank you for your kind comments. Yes the car is a fabulous car and gets lots of attention at shows here in the UK. You may be wondering why I am selling it if it is so nice. I have recently retired so have no earning income, I have two American classics, this is the more expensive one. I cannot now afford to run two cars as the cost of living has increased greatly over here so sadly the 57 has to be sold.
Bonhams write up doesn't say what has been replaced so here is a list of things that have been put right. I have tried to keep the car to the original spec as it was built in 1957 as many I have seen for sale seem to have replacements of some items which do not suit the car. I like things right and have spent a lot of £££ to put the car at the standard it is now.
Parts replaced: Interior (fabric sourced from sms), gear lever knob, door rubbers, front door quarter window rubbers as well as various small rubbers, heater door vent rubbers, window channels, all four door handles and a few other parts have been rechromed, door mirror, all wheel cylinders, master cylinder overhauled, brake booster overhauled, all brake flexi hoses replaced, gas tank removed cleaned and new sender unit fitted, rear shockers, rear spring bushes, rear axle oil seal, both front and rear gearbox seals and pan gasket, engine sump gasket, front "D" bushes, link rods, steering idler arm, drag links have been adjusted, two stainless exhaust systems made, plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, Carter carburetor has been stripped cleaned and rebuilt, battery, battery top frame and cables, trunk has been retrimmed and a custom tool box made and trimmed, Cadillac scripts, trunk "V", hood "V" bezel and crest have been replaced.
This is giving everyone an idea of work put into the car and is a genuine car for sale.
If anyone is interested and is thinking about shipping then I am happy to contact my shipper that I have used several times (Kingsdown Shipping) to get a price to the port nearest to you, just tell me which port is best. Any questions please ask, send me a PM. I will assist in any way I can to the buyer.
Thanks, Andy