News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'76/'79 Seville trunk seal

Started by Seville Life, February 12, 2023, 08:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seville Life

I've started to see metal pieces emerging from the rubber on the trunk seal of my '78 Seville. It's a very flat seal stuck onto the car with typical, thick black sealer. The seal is now very tired.

Does anyone know anything about replacement seals? I've looked all over the place but haven't found anything like it? I find it hard to imagine it's a Cadillac-only part? See pictures.'78 Seville trunk seal a.jpg'78 Seville trunk seal b.jpg'78 Seville trunk seal c.jpg   
Paul Bedford

Michael Petti

Universal weather seal is sold, but it comes im different sizes.  I think best to get a kit made flr your car. Rubber the Right Way,  has the as do other vendors. You get the correct size and length. Use nylon trim tools to install it. U Tube has videos showing how to do it. Hardest part is getting old sealer out.