News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Dash Rebuilt

Started by MIKIMBIN1, January 30, 2023, 09:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIKIMBIN1

Hi I need to repair or rebuild my dash for a 1959 Cadi, any one can please help me with Info for a serious place can do
Thanks
Vic
Email: vmf@me.com

Cel: 305-525-9292
Victor Fdez

2011DTS

Vic,

Just Dash in California does excellent work, however be aware they have a long time line.

https://www.justdashes.com/

1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

59-in-pieces

From the restored dashes I have seen over the years, RD has been superior to Just D's, and allot less snooty to deal with (in fairness it has been awhile).

Also, be aware (in your desire to be OEM - or not - with your restoration) that depending on the early vs later production of your car, the thickness of padding did change.
And, there are different patterns to the vinyl too.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Clewisiii

I had mine done at just dashes.  And I am happy to have something that looks clean and new. But there are a few problems. 

1. The foam shape is different.  Original was flat and crisp.  The new is to puffy.

2. The texture is wrong.  The original was a smooth stipple grain.  The new has a small ridge texture.

3. The color is not right. The original was a dark indigo blue. The new one is brighter.  Not bad but not quite original.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering