News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

removal of door armrest 1951 series 62

Started by CRAIG LEWIS, February 06, 2023, 04:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAIG LEWIS

Anyone know how to get the armrests of a 51? I cannot find any screws holding it on. earlier mocdels had 2 screws in the underside of the armrest. Mine are covered with upholstery and I do not feel anywhere there would be screws. The do not seem to lift up and off.

Thanks
Craig

Bill Kaufman CLC# 15225

Try removing the finger pull indent ( 2 screws) the bolt should then be visible.
If you ain't Wrenching ...  You ain't Livin.  So get out there and Live a little..  !!

Current Labors of LOVE;
1948 series 62 Club Coupe / 346 L head / Rendon Blue
1954 series 62 Sport Coupe / 331 V8 / Aztec Red
1970 Deville Rag Top / 472 V8 / Nottingham Green

Previous Caddies ;

1969 Fleetwood Eldorado / 472 V8 / Wisteria
1974 Sedan DeVille
1993 SLS / White Diamond
2006 CTS / White Diamond

Technician!

There is a vinyl (?) covered steel plate in the bottom of the finger pull area.  Yo neet to pry it out with a pick tool to access the inner screws.  You will see some "teeth" on it that go towards the interior.  There is also a bracket under the handle (after removing it) that bolts to the door that has to be removed if you are removing the interior door trim panel, as well.
Perfection bordering insanity