News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

390ci manifold questions

Started by 62 driver, February 17, 2023, 11:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

62 driver

I removed the intake manifold and looked at the choke tube. It's does not goes thru and does not have a spiral inside the tube.  It has a cap on the other end. Is this normal? Also the heater hoses has only one bracket. Should I have 2 hose hold down bracket for both hose? And last,  my manifold has burned paint in the center 10" of the manifold.  Is this normal? Thanks Dave
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

fishnjim

Which manifold?  4bbl or 3x2?
The paint burn off is from the exhaust cross over under the carb and won't go away unless you use a blocked off gasket going back.
'59 they moved the choke furnace tube from the exhaust to the intake, as exhaust passes in there.  It's not supposed to be open inside or leaking. It's only supposed to transport hot air, not exhaust.

ps: below are pages from the '59 spec book which is/was available from the GM heritage center archive.  If you can figure out how to get from there, it's changed, it's free.  325 pps so too big to send here.

62 driver

I have the 4 barrel in a 1962.  Is there a manufacturer gasket that blocks the crossover? Are there 2 hose hold downs or just one on the passenger side? Thanks Dave

Daryl Chesterman

Olsons Gaskets makes the intake gasket with the exhaust crossover blocked off.

https://www.olsonsgaskets.com/gaskets/cadillac-1949-67-intake-with-pre-heat-port-blocked/

Daryl Chesterman

scotth3886

I did the Olsons gaskets on my 66 and it makes it lots of fun on a cold winter day.  Have to let it warm of for a few before you attempt to drive off. 

Caddyholic

My 62 has 2 hose hold downs 1 one each hose.I replaced the tube with a stainless steel one on eBay.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

62 driver

Thanks Jim. Looks like I am short one. Thanks Dave