News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

HYDRO-POWER BRAKE BOOSTER

Started by 1976Deville, February 21, 2023, 09:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1976Deville

On my 1976 Eldorado the HYDRO-POWER BRAKE BOOSTER is leaking and also the master cylinder. I wonder if anybody replaced the old HYDRO-POWER BRAKE BOOSTER with a new HYDRO-POWER BRAKE BOOSTER out of a 2011 -2022 Chevy or GMC Truck
Herbert

TJ Hopland

What do you hope to gain by changing to a later unit?  I would think at the least you would have mounting hole and fittings types of issues.   Worse could be different strokes and pressure requirements. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

1976Deville

Like I Said, at the moment you can't find one. Also no parts. Specially outside of the USA. I do not worry about the fitting, They sell adapters, but strokes and pressure requirements is an other Storie.

TJ Hopland

Just some quick searches turned up this place that look promising.  I didn't see hydroboost listed specifically but many other things they list makes me think they must work on them.

https://vanaxle.com/brake-systems-repair/hydraulic-brakes/

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

1976Deville