News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

60 CDV Fender Trim Installation Question

Started by Michael Petti, February 28, 2023, 12:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Petti

I will be putting new eyebrow molding on this car. I have been told I must remove the headlights. What kind of job is that. Do I have to remove the headlights and the housing that attaches to the front fender or just the headlights and buckets? If I do have to remove the housing from the fender what is the best way to do that? Has anyone installed this trim with push clips eliminating the need for the removal of the housing?

Michael Petti

I know this is old, but I got no replies. Have looked at all the websites that were suggested in an earlier post, NAPA and Summit Racing. I have tried to make something out of teardrop clips and christmas tree clips to no avail. I can't be the only one putting this trim on. What have any of you used, or how have you dealt with it? McVey's no longer supplies the original clips. Thanks.

Moody

I've yet you reinstall mine, but push clips in that location would be questionable, because of the fender shape in the front. I have some original clips, but intend to make some nylon or similar material that won't promote rust. Getting inside the fender to install the moldings is no more difficult than pulling the lights, IMO.
Moody

Michael Petti

Thanks for the reply. I never thought of nylon. I'll go to Ace hardware and see what i can come up with. If it helps, I was able to cut the heads down on some large christmas tree clips that I think will work in the center position. The two end positions definitely need to be screwed down or otherwise secured.

Moody

Moody