News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

‘39 vs ‘41 AAV-26 carb - what’s different?

Started by AdamS, March 06, 2023, 09:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamS

I would like to understand what the differences are, if any, between a '39 AAV-26 carb and one for a '41. Just jetting? Something else?

Thanks.
=Adam=
Hollis, NH USA

'41 62 Convertible Coupe
'32 Pierce-Arrow Club Sedan
'24 Packard Touring Car

Gone, but not forgotten:
'37 75 Fleetwood Convertible Sedan
'35 Packard Convertible Coupe
'52 Hudson Hornet
'47 Packard Custom Super Clipper
'57 Chevrolet Bel-Air
'36 60 Sedan (wish I could forget about this one🤪)

wheikkila

I would think the jets for sure. Being the 41 has more horse power.
      Thanks Wayne

fishnjim

Here's what I had.
If you go to a carb part site, like Mike's, and look at the rebuild kits, they're quite different.   
There's probably a diagram for each somewhere, I just don't have it.  You can search.
Principles of operation are similar.   

AdamS

@fishnjim:

Aha! That was very helpful. I didn't even think to look in my Motors manual for this info.

I will keep an eye out for the right carb as a spare.

Thanks!
=Adam=
Hollis, NH USA

'41 62 Convertible Coupe
'32 Pierce-Arrow Club Sedan
'24 Packard Touring Car

Gone, but not forgotten:
'37 75 Fleetwood Convertible Sedan
'35 Packard Convertible Coupe
'52 Hudson Hornet
'47 Packard Custom Super Clipper
'57 Chevrolet Bel-Air
'36 60 Sedan (wish I could forget about this one🤪)

fishnjim

Sometime it's just knowing where to look...  No harm in asking.  Can't get if one doesn't.
Helps to be a fish'n man to be a catch'n one in that regard not to mention decades in industry/research, etc.
I got this at an auction with a pile of some other lit.  Da Je Vu/Vu Ja De - I got a '57 manual before the '58, '56 Cad manual I sold to a guy in EU from here, and this motor manual occasionally has info of use to others as I don't do pre-war.  Wasn't even interested, per se.  C'est la Vie.
These carbs came up before a few times not in this form and they still make similar Strombergs so the factory maybe a place to consult as well.  Later Carter or Rochester is more in line with what I'm familiar.