News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB 1956 Cadillac Eldorado convertible

Started by 1956biarritz, March 11, 2023, 09:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1956biarritz

Good evening to everyone,
I'm looking for a 1956 Cadillac Eldorado somewhere within two hundred miles of Columbus, Ga. where I live. That would put me in neighboring states of Tennessee, Alabama, and North Florida. So far, I haven't had much luck by looking online. Most of the ones I find are in distant places like Texas or California. As far as condition goes, I'd like to find one that's been either been restored properly or stored indoors. If anyone has any leads, just pass them on to me and I'll check them out. Thanks!

Roger Zimmermann

I would love to sell you mine, but I'm even father than the cars you saw: I'm in Switzerland!
DSC02880.JPG
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

1956biarritz

THAT'S IT! That's what I'm looking for. So close, but so far. What would you sell it for if your were here in the states and near Georgia just out of curiosity? I couldn't do it for $100,000 + ( only if I won the lottery ) Thanks Roger! 

Roger Zimmermann

Shipping a car back to the US is no more problematic than to import a vehicle from the US! However, I have no illusion: my Biarritz will most probably stay in Europe...
I have no secret: my selling price is about CHF 120K which represent about $ 130K. It's more or less what I invested; the time I spent do restore the car is for free!
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

1956biarritz

If I come into a huge amount of money one day soon, I'd be willing to buy it from you you for $130,000 and pay for the shipping back to the states if at that time you're still willing to sell. As things currently stand you're probably right. It'll remain there with you from now on and I'm not mad at you for that! Just looking at that photo, you got a good one.

Roger Zimmermann

Well, I began with that:

2 Arrivée en 1986.jpg

10 years later, it was like that, but as I stated, I spent a lot of money. However, the amount per year is reasonable...

DSC02882.JPG
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

1956biarritz

I didn't know it looked like this when you got it. What's the story on it? Where did you find it and did you do all the resto work yourself? If I ever get one that's like your before pic, I'll have to have it all done by a restoration shop because, 1. I don't have a garage with enough space to work around it in. 2. Even if I did have a garage with enough space, I don't have the specialized skills needed to rebuild the engine and transmission, body work, electrical and many other things that go along with a complete frame off resto..

Roger Zimmermann

1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101