News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 original pricelist

Started by Renato, March 24, 2023, 02:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renato

Good evening,

Somebody has original pricelist with options price from 56? I checked my manuals, but it doesn't contains those datas.
R. Bognar

Lexi

Got one somewhere for the '56 model year and perhaps 1957. Not sure where. Will have a look. Clay/Lexi

Renato

R. Bognar

Renato

Mine car has many options, but can not find pricelist with options price
R. Bognar

J. Gomez

Renato,

Is this what you are looking for?
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Lexi

Have not been able to locate mine yet, but what I am looking for is what Jose posted. Clay/Lexi

Renato

Quote from: J. Gomez on April 07, 2023, 10:05:45 AMRenato,

No, this is an accessories price list for dealers, but also cool. Thank you!
R. Bognar

Lexi

Back to the search. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Quote from: Renato on March 24, 2023, 02:47:53 PMGood evening,

Somebody has original pricelist with options price from 56? I checked my manuals, but it doesn't contains those datas.

I finally located it. It is a fold out brochure (like an accordian), titled "Cadillac Accessories". In my opinion it should have been sub-titled "For Dealership installation". This accessories list contains no factory options such as AC or Power Assist Trunk, for example. Also those "give away", (some were sold as well I am told), AMT licensed plastic car models are nowhere to be found. Guess that was an individual dealer choice as not really an "accessory" to a Cadillac car. Everything in this brochure are easy add ons for the dealership to install. There are also NO prices quoted.

The only options lists with pricing that I am familiar with is the one Jose Gomez posted, as well as what was published in the 1956 MPL. So, what I am familiar with are: 1) Jose's list which I believe is period 2) The dealer's brochure as I described above. It would appear to be an extremely rare item. If there is a full brochure with factory options I would love to see it. 3) The use of the Saleman's 1956 Cadillac Data Book. The Data Book lists items that are also found in the Dealer brochure, but missing other items. No prices are quoted there either. I believe some of the complimentary brochures advertising the new Cadillacs may also have noted the odd accessory, but would have to check all to be sure. 4) The 1956 Cadillac Master Parts List (MPL) does have an accessories section with prices. I did not check to see if everything is there, but at least it did garner its own Group number in this voluminous list. Some of the Cadillac Servicman issues contain references to some of the options as well. There is the odd reference to options in the Owner's manual, but no accessories list or pricing noted.

Sorry my search did not yield better results Renato, as the answer appears to be scattered over at least 4 sources, if not more. Clay/Lexi

V63

Quote from: J. Gomez on April 07, 2023, 10:05:45 AMRenato,

This price list is likely different than that list from the manufacturer as these are dealer packages to add after production?

Apologies this was addressed above as well

Lexi

The 1956 MPL should have the most complete options list with pricing. That should be complete. I should check the prices quoted there and compare them to what is in Jose's list. I assume the MPL lists a dealer cost, with no mention of labour either? Clay/Lexi

Dave CLC#16900

On a somewhat related note, I am trying to understand if my 1956 Seville has original seat belts.  They are red and match the red on red car pretty well for their age. 

Built Jan 31, 1956 and delivered to LA.  My parts catalog lists seat belts 1957 and later.  The price list shared above shows seat belts but without a price.

Any one have more info?

Thanks, Dave
Dave CLC#16900

1956 C 6237SDX ELS
1975 C 6CD47 CDV

Lexi

I can look in my 1956 MPL and see what it says about seat belts. My old 1956 Cadillac CDV had what I think were original seat belts in it. Like old style airplane seat belts. They were cool. I can also check my original 1956 Cadillac Flat Rate binder and see if a labour cost is there for belts. Clay/Lexi

V63

Quote from: Dave CLC#16900 on November 09, 2023, 03:39:47 PMOn a somewhat related note, I am trying to understand if my 1956 Seville has original seat belts.  They are red and match the red on red car pretty well for their age. 

Built Jan 31, 1956 and delivered to LA.  My parts catalog lists seat belts 1957 and later.  The price list shared above shows seat belts but without a price.

Any one have more info?

Thanks, Dave

The 1956 MPL does mention seat belts as dealer install. See image if I can get it to post.

V63

Can you post an image of the belts? The period belts had a rather coarse webbing texture with air craft style clasps. Also you can remove a belt and possibly tell if they were in installed over new carpet?

The Tassie Devil(le)

Would be interesting to see what the factory did to the 2 door cars to overcome the lack of front seat back retainers.   And the requirement to modify the front seat bases to accommodate the inner parts of the lap belt going through the upholstery and frame.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Dave CLC#16900

Quote from: V63 on November 09, 2023, 05:56:56 PMCan you post an image of the belts? The period belts had a rather coarse webbing texture with air craft style clasps. Also you can remove a belt and possibly tell if they were in installed over new carpet?

My Seville is unrestored but the front seat was incorrectly recovered prior to my buying it in 1990.  The seat belts are a very course material as you described.  She is tired but solid and complete spending its life in CA and AZ.  If I can figure out how to share an image I will.
Dave CLC#16900

1956 C 6237SDX ELS
1975 C 6CD47 CDV

Dave CLC#16900

Here is a screenshot of the front seat area.

Dave CLC#16900

1956 C 6237SDX ELS
1975 C 6CD47 CDV

Lexi

From what I can see that is how mine looked, except my belt webbing was a tan colour which had a course texture as V63 described. At the end they were bolted to the floor under the seat via metal brackets. Clay/Lexi

V63

It's hard to tell from the image provided but the webbing in 1956 was definitely more textured, thicker than the smoother thinner of modern (1960's)

The carpet should appear NEW under (unbolt them) the floor fasteners if the car still has original carpet.