News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

55 cadi vin num

Started by joe torres, February 24, 2005, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe torres

Sorry darn near forgot. theres a small plastic tag on the windshield post with an engine number . Would this number corespond to the vehicles vin number. And if so where the heck is the vin number located. cant seem to find it or im looking in all the wrongb places.  please help befor the city tows this here 55 caddi fleetwood.  hate to see it go to crusher. tryin to get a title for   just have a bill of sale    thanks for any advise   and help

Steve Toth

Joe,

I have a 56 that Im in the same boat but mine is in the garage.  I believe you are correct that the plastic tag in the door jam is indeed the VIN.  That tag should correspond to the stamped number on the engine block tag.  Have you talked to your secretary of state???

Good luck

joe torres

Quote from: Steve TothJoe,

I have a 56 that Im in the same boat but mine is in the garage.  I believe you are correct that the plastic tag in the door jam is indeed the VIN.  That tag should correspond to the stamped number on the engine block tag.  Have you talked to your secretary of state???

Good luck
steve, thanks for the response   , no, havent talked to them yet but plan on doing so. i live in ill. rule to getting a title are very strict. hopefully i can save it from the crusher. spoke to a local cadi guy tonite, he said the vin is also stamped on top of the frame by the left front spring area. i immediately went to check but too much old hard grease to contend with. planning on a dffrent mode of attack, man it was cold out there.   thanks again later.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Joe,

To get to the Chassis Number, you will just have to arm yourself with a scraper, Kero or brakekleen, (something to loosen the crud), and all will be revealed.

A good de-greaser will also do the job, but probably a lot messier.   Cant clean up too much now can we.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Steve Toth CLC # 21939

I just checked mine and the plasitc tag in the door jamb matches the stamping on the front passenger side of the engine block and the passenger frame rail.  However the stamping on the frame rail was pretty poor and hard to read.