News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wheel color for 1955/1962 coupe/CDV

Started by Angelo Van Bogart, February 28, 2005, 10:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo Van Bogart

Im taking the sabre-spokes off my 55 Cadillac Series 62 coupe and want to put steel wheels on it this spring. Does anyone know what color the wheels should be? The cars body is Cape Ivory (light yellow) with a black top and two-tone green interior.
Id also like to take the gold sabre-spokes off my 1962 Coupe deVille and put the steel wheels back on it, but Ive seen the wheels painted black or a strange dark tan color; which color is correct for that car?
Thank you!
Angelo

Jim Eccleston CLC 16079

I cant say for 1955, but all indications I have seen for 1962 show a light dove gray paint on the steel wheels.

Diego Montefusco #21886

the 1956-1960 Parts List Manual lists BLACK as wheel color for 1956 and 1957 (Dupont 094-21090 or Ditzler DAL-9200), so while this is no final proof, chances are that for 1955 its the same... a GM parts manual covering your year should tell for sure.

for 1958, 59, and 60 the manual lists Light Grey (Dupont 1323) on the wheels, so once again no final answer but since other said grey, here you are! :-)

ciao,

diego

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Hi Angelo,

According to the Master Parts Books, the ’55 with Cape Ivory body color should have Alabaster Gray (Dupont no. 94-72904 ) color wheels. Both red and black were also used depending on the body color.
The only reference I have close to ’62 shows the ’65 & 6 wheel color as “black or gray primer”. I believe that means black paint or gray primer.
HTH,
Ralph

Angelo Van Bogart

Thank you all for you help! You even found the paint codes?! Youre all the greatest!
Angelo