News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 Paint-Metallic?

Started by Charlie Petty, March 13, 2005, 11:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Petty

Would a 1950 have had metallic paint in a dark blue (dont know name or code yet)?  THANKS.

Doug Houston

The gospel, according to the 51 parts book declare that: Hampden Blue (code 2) and Berkshire Blue (code 5) are metallics, and Corinth Blue (Code 7) is non-metallic. As a rule, the lowest code number blue is the darkest.

davemich

Just repainted my 50 coupe back to original, dark blue. they came out and shot it with a gun to determen the colar and also took the number off the tag no metallic in my paint..Dave

davemich

Just repainted my 50 coupe back to original, dark blue. they came out and shot it with a gun to determen the color and also took the number off the tag no metallic in my paint..Dave