News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

key # or code on 59 coupe?

Started by Joe Meneghin, March 20, 2005, 06:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Meneghin

Probably wishful thinking on my part,  but is there a key code somewhere on this car.  Did they even do that back then?  I have all four cylinders from a 59 coupe and would like to use them on my 60 convertible if possible.  And forgive the newbie question, but Im guessing that the ignition, doors and trunk were two different keys?

Thanks in advance.

George

Door and ignition lock numbers are stamped on the shank of the door lock handles. You need to remove them to see the code. Otherwise you need a key de-coder. The manual gives PASCO as an example tool.

Joe Meneghin

Thanks George.  Just want to clarify, the ignition ley # is stamped on the door handle as well?

George

The original ignition key, should unlock the doors also. Therefore the same code applies. The trunk and glove compartment keys should also match each other. The trunk lock code is stamped on the trunk lock cylinder. If you have had the ignition switch renewed, you need the key de-coder. Or a new ignition lock.

Joe Meneghin

Looking at one of the mail order catalogs I have here, you just saved me about $130.  Thanks you very much.