News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

93 SDV Trunk Pull Down

Started by Kev#17735, April 07, 2005, 09:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev#17735

Okay i need help on this one, I just took my 93 sdv out for the 1st time in a Year and because theres no more snow! And i opened the trunk, when i went to close it the trunk pull down did not really pull it down (happened once in the fall)and then caught so i hit the black plate on the right side near the pulldown latch and now its up and the truck will not close at all, Is ther a reset for this? please help with advice Thanks Kevin OK

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Kevin,

Have a look at the posts from David McKewan.   He had the same problem as you, and it turned out to be the pull-down motopr that was at fault.

You might want to send him an email regarding your problem.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV with manual opener and closer.

Kev#17735

Well i was hopeing you wouldnt say that i thought i could get out of this easy. Well thank you and i will try to get ahold of him or at least check into his last posts Thanks Kevin OK

Kev#17735

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH    YYYAAA   thats why i like my 68s instead of this new electronic stuff   lol  lol   k ok

David #19063

Hello Kev,

Isnt this fun?

Look for my posts on this on both this and especially the Discussion Forum.

What you need to find out is if you have a 3 wire or 4 wire pulldown.  Which is the number of wires going into the plug.  My 94 Fleetwood had 4 wires.

You just need a Torx screw driver and undo 3 screws to remove and replace the unit.  These are the three screws that bolt the unit to the metal bracket.

The dealer wanted $312 for mine.  I bought one used on ebay for $29.95, but theyre usually used for about $70 there.

Mine was stuck in the up position.  I think the contacts on the motor were bad and when I took it apart, the motor would go up, but not down.

There are several switches in these units.  First the large black flap switch to the right of the metal catch on the unit makes the motor go up...until a little metal tab on the metal catch flips a small black switch up to stop it.  When the catch goes down, another little metal tab flips the down to stop it.  Check and see if this little switch needs to be flicked back up...may need a standard screwdriver for this.

Then on the trunk lid itself, there is a little back level that is pushed up when it mets the lower catch when the trunk is closed.  When you push this little lever up (and the lower switch is in the up position) the motor should power the unit down.

As a temporary fix, undid the motor cover and carefully spun the motor down so the trunk could be closed manually.  Keep pressure on the motor when you spin it so it does not slide out as it is a pain to get it back in due to the spring loaded contacts.  

This took quite a while and about a million spins.  Then put the cover back on and leave the plug unplugged.

David

Kev#17735

Bruce & David Thank You for all your help looks like new motor for a car with just 30,000 miles  Thank K