News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Pretty picture of my ex '76 Eldo convertible.

Started by TonyZappone #2624, February 16, 2020, 12:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyZappone #2624

Took delivery 12/23/75.  Sold 18 years ago to a young man in Jupiter, Fla. who has taken such good care of it since.  Just remember, These were a lot prettier cars than they were mechanical pains in the ass.  Picture is current, downtown West Palm Beach on Clematis Street
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Rich S

Wow! What a beauty! I love the Sable Black exterior with Red accent stripes, Firethorn Leather Interior and White Top combination! It looks like the second owner has been a great caretaker, too. That car has a lot of class--thanks for sharing the photos.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

TonyZappone #2624

My pleasure.  Pictures like that make me wonder too why I no longer own this car
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

76eldo

I had the twin to that car in the late 70’s.

The one I have now has a black top.

Best color for these cars in my opinion is black.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

James Landi

BELLISSIMO... and how nice to have the owner send you pictures, and just how reassuring it is to know that he's loved and cared for it.  Each year, under his care, it stands an increasingly better chance of surviving not in spite of its age and beauty, but because of its age and beauty. James

Lexi

TonyZappone #2624

Because of the kind interest, I will tell the whole story.  I have been in Jupiter 20 years.   I use to leave the '76 here all year, and use it for the winter.  One day at Home Depot about 18 years ago,I had loaded 24 bags of mulch in the car, top down, trunk open.  This young man, "Mister, mister, you wanna sell your car?"   No, go away.....  Two years later, at the Cadillac dealer, same young man.  Mister, mister, same stuff.   Finally I said yes.  I want $15000.  He said that's all?  End of story.  Guess I was too cheap

Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

Scot Minesinger

Driving that 1976 Eldorado around town, at the stop light no one will notice the 150k MB next to it.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

James Landi

Tony,  that's such a great story, with a very happy chapter in the life of your car, your life, and that of the present owner.   So few "old" car stories end that way--- the final owner turning a perfectly well maintained car and driving  it until it is junk...  says a lot about our "tissue paper" culture when a financial commitment second only to home ownership winds up, in most cases, as scrap.     Happy day,   James

tc76ldovert

Beauty! It look like the parking spot was made with that car in mind.