News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

67 Eldorado rugs & floor mats advice needed

Started by LtDan560, October 25, 2011, 11:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtDan560

Hi
I have a 67 Eldorado & I am going to replace the rugs & floor mats. The rugs on the door panel are loop & the floors are cut pile. Did the 67 Eldorado ever have cut pile or was it always loop? Would I lower the value much if I put in cut pile if it is not original?
Where the original floor mats rubber or did they have carpeted floor mats also?? Would the carpeted floor mats lower value much if not original? I would have to change the loop on the door if I switched also. Any recommendations on carpet or floor mat suppliers?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Dan

Carl Glass

my understanding is the 67-70 Eldo was only supplied with rubber one-piece floor mats.  I'm looking for a set in black.  if you find any leads please post.

thx

carl
Carl Glass
'68 Eldorado, cruise control, climate control, am/fm stereo, tilt/tele, 6-way bench, and vinyl roof.  Would love to add the twilight sentinel, guide-matic, power door locks, right hand mirror, headrests, and floor mats.  And how about leather buckets?  Oh, and pull the vinyl top.

collector

Very fine cut pile for doors and carpet and one piece mat for front and rear in rubber. They cover most of the entire front and rear floor. Be careful that your color isnt off and the knap is correct. Ive seen some horrible replacements out there. I mean beyond gross. ALC in Annistion Alabama usually has the correct carpet, if they make it have them leave off their padded and use the original padding from your old carpet. If not you get lumps and bumps. Just carefully remove the old carpet or what is left of it and slowely remove the original jute. Put it back in place on the floor and lay the new carpet over the orginal jute. This will ensure a correct fit. Other wise your begging for trouble.

Antoni Deighton

The carpet on the doors and floor of my '67 Eldorado are definitely cut pile. The car also has the two rubber mats, one front and one rear. Mine are black. The color on the doors has faded a little. Let me know if you need photos.
Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)

LtDan560

I am surprised about the cut pile being original. My doors have loop & they look original. The carpet is fairly new but the color is way off. I still have the front black rubber floor mat but it is not in good condition. I do like the cut pile more than loop so maybe I will change the floor & door bottom panels. I have dark blue rugs and I tried dyeing a portion of the carpet & it looks much better but still not exact. Thanks for your response
Dan

www.eldorado-seville.com

Quote from: Antoni Deighton on October 26, 2011, 04:15:07 PM
The carpet on the doors and floor of my '67 Eldorado are definitely cut pile. The car also has the two rubber mats, one front and one rear. Mine are black. The color on the doors has faded a little. Let me know if you need photos.

I second Antoni´s comment - definitely cut pile!
Gerald Loidl
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville
1966 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1967 Cadillac DeVille
1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado
1974 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
http://www.eldorado-seville.com
http://www.cadillac-bigmeet.com