News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

GN Judging Summary

Started by Steve Lachowetz (No. 25332), September 26, 2013, 06:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Lachowetz (No. 25332)

Has anyone requested a judging summary, and how long does it take?  I made the request in writing as requested, 2 days after returning from the GN in the hopes that I could better my cars score before the next big show.  It has been almost 2 months, how long does it take?

Steve
My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)

52Cadillac

I was wondering the same thing Steve. I believe I read somewhere you had what 30 days?
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Dan LeBlanc

You have up to 90 days to request it before there is a $5 charge.  Did you request it from Carl Steig directly?
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Yes, I mailed the request directly to Carl.  I was just curious, I thought I would have had a response by now, and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.  I'm beginning to wonder if it got lost in the mail.
My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)

quadfins

I sent my request in right after I returned home, and have not yet recieved a reply.

I would speculate that the large number of attending cars might have created a backlog. All of the judging sheets have to be reviewed, and then an individual summary is created and sent out. Time consuming!

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Carl is ill. If you are so inclined, please pray for his recovery. Barry
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

76eldo

I certainly will. He has given a lot of time and energy to the club.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Wow!  Surely didn't expect to hear that.  Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.  We hope for a speedy recovery.
My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)

Paul Tesone

I will say a prayer as well . But perhaps Carl doesn't need to be burdened with this task right about now . Maybe he needs to concentrate on recovering from his illness . I don't know what's involved in getting these results out to the people waiting for them , but I'd be happy to help if someone could tell me  what to do . . Paul Tesone CLC # 6876 . 

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Gentlemen: Sorry to have made such an abrupt announcement yesterday, but my computer was on the fritz, and I had gone to the library to use their WiFi. I simply didn't have time to explain or add to what info I had when I saw the problem you were having.

Then, today has been one of those days. first, I was assured that there was "NO Way" the computer guy would show up before 11 AM. So, we went to exercise. Came home at 10:30 and found a note on the door, Of course, computer guy had been there. Took time to set up an appointment for Monday. Went to get gas in the '79. Went to a full service station as I wanted to have the air checked in the tires. Found traffic jam at pumps due to half the space available gone due to workmen painting the ceiling of the covering over the pumps. When I got ready to pump gas, I saw tiny flecks of white on my trunk. Called painter down, told him I had more paint on the car than when I came in. He had to call his boss. Wanted to wipe it off with thinner, but I said I wanted it professionally removed by a body shop. So, we were going to drive a halfway dirty car to Hickory Corners. Got home and found computer guy will be there in 20 minutes. He finally came while I was in the shower. In the meantime, my wife was talking to my daughter and found out my grandson is having a bad week from being alone due to the other siblings being in Purdue. I decided we were staying home this weekend.

I spoke to Lars last night about the judging sheets, and I imagine by the first of the week, we might have a solution to the problem, as he will be able to speak with Paul Ayres while he is at Hickory Corners. And, I will call Ann tonight late enough that hopefully I will get her and not Carl and find out what is going on. Thanks to all for your best wishes and prayers for Carl.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

I've heard no news, hope he is well.  Still no summary here after 3 months, however, I did read a post a while back that someone else had received theirs a while back.  I've pretty much given up on receiving it at this stage.
My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Carl is still under care to try to find out what is wrong with him. I'm sure he is trying to get through the back log of requests. When the staff of an organization is made up of mostly volunteers, things like this will pop up from time to time. Barry
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Dan LeBlanc

He seemed to be doing fairly well at the GN.  Strange how things can change so quickly.

I hope he recovers and hopefully we'll see him back in full swing for Lake George.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Joe Manna

I received my summary about 2 weeks ago.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

49caddyman

I received mine about 3 weeks ago.  I hope Mr. Steig is doing better healthwise.  Joe Cutler