News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 Defroster Duct Install

Started by CadillacGlasses, November 29, 2022, 09:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacGlasses

Does anyone know how the defroster duct mounts inside the dash of the '49 models? I got mine as a complete puzzle so I had no reference of how it goes in.

I got this from Steele/RubbertheRightWay and it looks hand fabricated from plastic. Unfortunately there are no obvious bolt/screw/mounting points and I'm just as bewildered with what it looks like/over under the dash.

Thanks!
Mike
29645 - CLC West of Lake, CLCMRC Board Member

1949 Series 62 Conv. (in progress)

Joe Jensen

Mike:

The defroster duct attaches to the dash.  There are clips that go into the duct to catch the screws coming into it from the mounting holes on the dash.  Getting the correct placement of the duct was very difficult for me.  I hope you have an easier time.

Attached are a couple pictures.

Good luck!
Joe

CadillacGlasses

Thank you Joe for these photos! It looks like a speed nut could work in the slots. It doesn't seem easy any way about it, but at least this informs how to get started.

If I have any luck this week I'll report back.

-Mike
29645 - CLC West of Lake, CLCMRC Board Member

1949 Series 62 Conv. (in progress)