News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Any one familuar with the Cadillac Service roundtable Summary Books

Started by Larry Savino, December 03, 2022, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Savino

So The fellow i purchased my  car from was nice enough to give me some of these books for my 1967 deville .(its not  the  service  man flyer) I am trying  to complete the  series  of books. Does any one  else collect these ,do you  know the frequency  of how often  they  went out. Should  I have one for  every  month?  or  was it send out  as needed.

Thanks in advance

J. Skelly

I don't know the time span when these were produced, but they were available at least from the late 1950s through the late 1970s.  I have a few and they are easy to find on Ebay, but individual copies can be expensive.  You are better off buying a grouping of them.  I don't know if a complete set for a given year is available on CD or flash drive. 

Current Ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=cadillac+roundtable&_sacat=0
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Lexi

Not sure when they first came out, but I have what I think is a complete set of 10 for 1956. I think I still have some extra copies if anyone is interested. Oddly enough some of their bindings vary even for the same edition. Most seem to be bound in what the book trade would call white light weight wrappers, but some have more heavy duty stiff colored wraps. So, oddly enough, it is possible to find both type of bindings for the same issue, at least for 1956. If memory serves I recall seeing them as far back as about 1953, but they could go back further. One or two companies were reproducing the odd one but I don't recall ever seeing any sets as being available as reprints or available in other media. They largely seem to be a forgotten item. My experience is that the older ones are tough to find. Clay/Lexi

Larry Savino

Thank Jim, I found one  I  dont have   an ordered it.  I  am was looking to find out if they  were  monthly  and I should have  12 for  a  year. I saved  it  as  a  favorite  search  so Ill see  what comes up.