News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1993 Allante left rear brake steel line replacement

Started by e.kempton, December 04, 2022, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e.kempton

I will have to replace my left rear steel brake line on my 1993 Allante as it is leaking.  Has anyone done this in the past who can me how to get to the connections by the left rear wheel?  It almost looks like you need to remove the gas tank to get to the line connection.  Any help with this problem would be welcomed. Thanks much.

James Landi

I've owned two Allantes, one in the late 90s- through early 2000s and I recently purchased another this spring.  There a several gentlemen who have formed clubs, started repair services, and they are truly willing to help owners by providing expertise, parts, and service.  I've selected a club out of NJ, entitled the Allante XLR club --- look it up on Google--- John Monzo has been working with these cars for DECADES, and he's always willing to provide advice by email and phone.  My latest Allante needed a new a/c compressor, a new master brake accumulator, new flexible brake lines, a new cooling fan(s) control module, and two Bose amplifier/ speakers.  John Monzo sent me parts, walked me through the repairs, built my confidence to do the work (I'm a 77 year old retired educator) and I performed all of the repairs save for the a/c compressor. Alll this is to say, there are a few highly knowledgeable people available to you who can save you a ton of heartbreak and dolloars