News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1968 Triple Black Eldorado $2900 Not Mine

Started by Bryan J Moran, January 17, 2023, 10:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

Brakes are not the only aspect about this car that is soft, but still - all black

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/696072385299498/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Adcccbb11-e03d-4497-b98c-4d80578db015

Seller's Description
472 front wheel drive runs brakes are soft call John with questions 2six9 2072976

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Might as well through another project Eldorado on here - this one was likely a very nice maroon color with that white leather interior!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/767223237657183/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Adcccbb11-e03d-4497-b98c-4d80578db015

Seller's Description
472 FWD automatic. 63k miles runs and drives and has a new master cylinder. Tires are fixed and runs good. Mccook Nebraska 
CLC 35000 in number only

Bryan J Moran

Legitimate question on the Nebraska Eldorado   What is the paint color, code?
CLC 35000 in number only

J. Skelly

that black one has a LOT of serious rust under the vinyl top and appears to have a leaky windshield and back window
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

James Landi

Bryan,

Oh dear-- clearly, these are two examples that had been preserved and were well cared for many decades UNTIL somewhere in the line of owners, decisions were made to drive them into the ground. So sad to see them rusting away and neglected--- if  only the more contemporary owners had cared for them, garaged them and kept them in reasonably good condition.  So sad to see these cars moldering away--- literally disintegrating

Bryan J Moran

Quote from: James Landi on January 18, 2023, 09:25:36 PMBryan,

Oh dear-- clearly, these are two examples that had been preserved and were well cared for many decades UNTIL somewhere in the line of owners, decisions were made to drive them into the ground. So sad to see them rusting away and neglected--- if  only the more contemporary owners had cared for them, garaged them and kept them in reasonably good condition.  So sad to see these cars moldering away--- literally disintegrating

I agree, and when I do post examples like these two I am posting them as "antique Cadillac archeology" and not as examples to be restored. For me, it is somewhat fun to find interesting cars and present them even if they are too far gone.

I will say this about the "red/maroon" or whatever that color is in western Nebraska - I am looking into it's purchase.  It's dry out there and that is a western car.  It would be a decent restoration project. That color I think may be intriguing if it is that bronze I am thinking of.

Matched to a white leather interior and new correct white vinyl top, I think is a sharp combination. Unlike the triple black one, some previous owner was smart enough to take that top off. Sure, it's scaly and rusty looking, but I believe it can be saved. 

The black one, which is the urban legend of triple black, perhaps a more sought after combination, is likely toast. 
CLC 35000 in number only