News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: confused
Last post by z3skybolt - Yesterday at 06:05:04 PM
I think that I found it. My number is 30482.  Kind of stumbled on it.

Best Wishes.

Bob R.
General Discussion / Re: confused
Last post by Jason Edge - Yesterday at 06:04:39 PM
I see your CLC # in the CLC # field, so you are good to go.
General Discussion / confused
Last post by z3skybolt - Yesterday at 06:02:57 PM
 "To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in."

O.K.  I have tried to assure that my CLC number is store as suggested.  Yet I do not find my username as suggested?  I have been a member for over 8 years and am in good standing.  But just want to be sure there are no surprises on May 1.

Bob R.
General Discussion / Re: First tire blowout - ever!
Last post by David King (kz78hy) - Yesterday at 06:02:17 PM
A week ago I had tire let go while leaving a stop light in the 98 Deville.  I heard the noise but was not sure what it was, after driving a 1/2 mile, I could tell the noise was from me as the left front was pulling so I found the next cross street and pulled off.  I lost another from the set 2 years ago on a trip to WI.  I decided to put on the spare and changed the tire.  It was the OE mini spare and once installed, it looks low, so I called the wife to bring the portable air compressor and we filled it up.  2 days later I had tire ordered at a local tire chain store and the only white wall I could find was a Continental touring but it is very narrow.  It does not look as good as the wider ones, but it is stylish enough.  Installed was $740 out the door, so it will likely the last set for this car.  I will post a photo later once I've taken one.
General Discussion / Re: What are people signing up...
Last post by Jason Edge - Yesterday at 05:44:38 PM
Quote from: druby on Yesterday at 04:57:10 PMJason, I just wished you'd of given me an honest answer when I asked who put the motion before the board to vote on this matter. My question was very specific when I asked. You stated it wasn't just one person.
Dan. Look at your April Self-Starter, page 12, under "The News From Dallas" article which highlights our Winter Board Meeting and you will see the name that made the motion. I have not publicly posted that name because this was a group discussion & group decision, and the one that brought it up for motion was just one of many that agreed in favor. If you need a name supporting this, put mine down at the top, although again it was a group consensus and not a decision made by me or the person that presented the motion. I really don't know how to make this more clear.
Drive the car, when you feel the vibration, shut the engine off, put it in neutral, see if you feel the vibration. What you descibe is usually a driveline issue.
General Discussion / Re: Post Wiper Blades
Last post by Big Fins - Yesterday at 05:30:19 PM
A drop of oil on the pointed pin and walk them straight off.
General Discussion / Re: Post Wiper Blades
Last post by ELDERDADO - Yesterday at 05:28:57 PM
Here is a picture. For the life of me I can't get them off. It's probably something stupid I'm missing.
General Discussion / Re: What are people signing up...
Last post by druby - Yesterday at 04:57:10 PM
Jason, I just wished you'd of given me an honest answer when I asked who put the motion before the board to vote on this matter. My question was very specific when I asked. You stated it wasn't just one person.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 62 Sedan DeVille Mystery D...
Last post by 60eldo - Yesterday at 04:09:30 PM
  What does flex plate being clocked mean. Im getting my engine rebiult and when it gets back do I need to do this?  I thought just lower the engine in and match 4 bolts to the studs on the torque converter.