News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 cadillac deville parts needed .

Started by Frank g, April 02, 2022, 01:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank g

Hi guys .I need a heat slider switch for my 66 deville .no ac.i broke mine trying to force it to defrost which I have never used and I'm sure previous owners didn't also me and ny stupid curiosity lol .also could use a hub cap if in good shape... heater slide switch or whole unit if can't find switch only .... thankyou

Frank G.

Jeffrey Burland

I'll see what I have at storage tomorrow. thanks.
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

Frank g

Jeffrey Burland

Ok, didn't see the pictures when I looked at the post originally. I was looking for the switch, when you're showing pictures of the lever. They're fun to remove and install.... The reason they break is the cables are super tight or frozen. If you replace the lever, you'll break it again if you don't change the cables. Message me directly and we'll work it out.
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

Lexi

As you also mentioned that you needed a hubcap, which style? I seem to recall 2 types used in 1966; one with slots (later) and one without, as per my '66 Deville buddy. Not as familiar with the '60s Cads so I stand to be corrected. I imagine you may want them all to look the same. May have one or a set in storage. Clay/Lexi

Frank g

Hi .sorry for late replay .my friend shockingly found me the slider levers we ll see if the are correct off a 66 devillle .look to be the same but if these don't work I'll reach out to you.....  I'll post a pic of the hubcaps I have. Thankyou !

Lexi

So to me they look like the earlier set, the ones without the cooling slots. When I get to my storage depot I will have a look. Would want $25 USD for one cap if in decent to very fine shape but will have to first dig them out and see what I have. Probably wont get to the storage area until later in May so if you are in no rush...I will have a look then to see what's there. Will discount a set if you want to replace all. Shipping would be extra. Clay/Lexi

Edit: If there, will post detailed photos for inspection and your approval.

Frank g

Hi ..I actually got notified of a message here finally lol no problem yeah trying to find a nice or decent one .that sounds great no hurry ... thankyou Clay and Lexi !!!
Frank

Lexi

No problem. Lexi is actually my car's name, but she thanks you as well!  ;)  :o  Clay/Lexi (aka "Lexasasaurus Giganticus")

Lexi

Have not forgot. As previously posted hoping to check out storage for that hubcap by month's end and will update. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Just got those caps both vented and non-vented. To inspect to see what year they are. Will post some pics. Thank you for your patience. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Hello Frank. Did an archaeological dig and came up with what I think are both types of 1966 Cadillac hubcaps. I have 4 of the later style vented caps and 5 of the earlier style without vents. As your cap appears non-vented, and I got a set of 5 (one for trunk spare), I don't mind selling you the best one for $20 US. If you want all 5 I will part with them for $50 US. One has some odd rust stains (did not try to clean). They all appear metal wise to be in really nice shape with medallions intact.

If you want to shift to the set of 4 with vents, (better for brake cooling), they are yours for $50 US. Won't break up that set. Very nice shape with medallions and should clean up well.

I sent a PM to you today, you can PM me back. Shipping would be extra and I would have to get a quote on that and insist on tracking. That way you and I are in the clear if the Post Office fouls up. Prefer PayPal.

You have first rights of refusal until days end Sunday June 26, 2400 hours. If another member is interested please advise here or by PM, anytime, first come first serve dependent on what Frank decides by this Sunday. Note I live in Canada which may result in increased shipping costs, hence this reduced overall price.

2 sample pics of actual caps here one of each style. Can post pics of all if you wish, or just other shots to confirm their vintage as I am not an "expert" on 1960s Caddy stuff. Cheers. Clay/Lexi

Frank g

Hi

Here I am replying a year later lol.so sorry but life took over n caddy was on the back burner .... hope your both well .do you still have the hub caps ?

Lexi

Hello Frank. Life often gets in the way of our Caddies. Sorry to say that I parted out all the caps to a buddy who needed them for his Cadillac. Clay/Lexi