News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'41 60 Special Carburetor question.

Started by mattb73lt, June 26, 2022, 11:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb73lt

I'm running a rebuilt AAV-26 on my 346. The previous carburetor was very tired and had some leaks. I went with an exchange/rebuilt unit that I find functions well in all aspects but one. During highway cruise, with a moderate pedal(65MPH), I find that it feels as if I have a several light skips in the firing order. The carburetor is smooth otherwise. It will also smooth out under heavier acceleration and return when throttled back. Evidence, spark plug and combustion evidence, leads me to believe that the main jet mixture is too lean but not enough to cause a backfire through the carburetor.

My question is this, is there a way to adjust or swap the main jets, as in a Stromberg 97?

I see no such parts available to do so. The technical data I has show main jets at 0.050". My thought would be to disassemble the main jets and check the main jet diameters by markings or by number drills, then resize them if they're off to 0.050"
Anyone have any experience in this area?
1926 Ford T Runabout
1927 Ford T Fordor
1940 Ford DLX Fordor
1941 Cadillac 6019 60 Special
1960 Mack B-73LT
1963 Mack B-42P
1968 Kaiser-Jeep M-715 1-1/4 Ton