2022 Grand National June 21-25 2022

Started by Butalla, January 22, 2022, 02:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butalla

Join your CLC family and friends for a "Fintastic time" in Chicago at the 2022 Grand National.  Registration can be done on the CLC website.  We also have a new GN website which contains more details, and all the latest news and updates.  Check it out at www.2022GNChicago.com

2011DTS

I see that Glenn addressed the GN in his monthly column in the Self Starter and one of my associates sent me the following message after reading Glenn's column. Just and FYI

"The club should make an effort to point out that the Grand National is Lombard Illinois and not Chicago far from trouble spots. While crime is up everywhere, Lombard is in Du Page County which has a very low crime rate and for now still prosecute criminals, so the thugs stay away for the most part. As I a life long resident, I would just not leave Du Page County and stay way from Cook County and Chicago. In 2021 Chicago had 1,000 homosides, Du Page County had 10. The Cadillac Club should have called this event the Cadillac LaSalle Club Grand National at Lombard Illinois so that attendees from other parts of the county would know it was not in Chicago."

Butalla

You are partially correct.  The host hotel is in Lombard, IL which is a western suburb of Chicago.  It is a very nice and safe area.  It is far away from the stories that you hear on the news.  With that said, many of the tours are in Chicago; architectural riverboat tour, gangster tour, Chicago Vintage Motor Carriage, etc.  However, we do need to stress that these are all taken as a group on tour buses.  No one needs to drive themselves into Chicago.  A tour bus is a very safe way to get into the city as most all crime is committed against individuals, not groups.  Therefore, please do not worry about safety.  This GN will be just as safe as all the other GN's that have been previously held.  The West of the Lake Region would not plan anything that we did not feel would be safe for our fellow CLC members.

Butalla

Please be aware that we have been updating the GN website on a regular basis as new information becomes available.  Therefore, please check back often.  We have tried to keep it both informative and entertaining for everyone.

Poncholover

There has not been much chit chat regarding the National meet.
Who is planning on it, do many vendors show up?
Flattie Caddy

harry s

I plan on being there with a stash of 30s and 40s parts. Larry Lawrence has spaces and also Marc Tuwiner. Marc goes big, the first picture is of his spread at Louisville in '19. The second picture is of mine and Larry's spaces at San Marcos in '18. There should be others too. Hope the weather is good.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Debl29

Unfortunately due to my Dad's accident I am now unable to attend the event as I am primary caregiver.  His recovery is 6 to 8 weeks.  I have tickets available for several of the tours if anyone would like to buy them from me.  If you are interested in the following tours please let me know.

Thursdays architectural boat tour
Tuesday Rte 66 driving tour
Wednesday Cantigny Park and 1st Army museum
White Fence Farm dinner and trivia night

I have been to the convention in DC and Louisville and never had to  change or sell tickets so any ideas appreciated on how it's done.