News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB - 1960 62 series driver and passenger side glass

Started by ducbot, May 29, 2022, 12:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ducbot

Looking for front driver and passenger glass windows with frame.

Replacements for attached picture.

M. Bankes

Hi,
That looks like a 6 window sedan ? I have some sedan glass, I'll check to see if I have those pieces and let you know
Thanks
Michael

ducbot

Yessir that is a 6 door. Looking for glass and metal housing that holds glass.

Thanks

ducbot

Quote from: M. Bankes on May 29, 2022, 06:39:54 AMHi,
That looks like a 6 window sedan ? I have some sedan glass, I'll check to see if I have those pieces and let you know
Thanks
Michael

The channels that the glass goes in is more important for me as mind is all corroded which I think is the reason the glass cracked in the first place. So if you have the window channels that would be great!

fishnjim

Should be able to get new glass from any of the resto glass places, like Ball's(Vintage glass), etc.  There's a couple more advertised that I just don't recall right now.  Check your "starter" or Hemmings, etc.  Most even take a pattern for flat glass if they don't have the dimensions.
The chrome looks good so the channels can be refitted with the rubber materials and restoration specialties or Steele Rubber, would have possibly.
Any good auto glass shop can probably do the work, too. 
Not likely to find good used glass if it's a common corrosion issue and rare model.  Wondering if there's some other underlying structural issues...But looks like good old stress cracking of the layers.   

35-709

If it is the bottom channel, check with your local auto glass shop.  I had a '60 coupe with rusted out bottom channels for the window glass, my local auto glass shop had the channel in lengths - cut as necessary.  Seems to me I had to cut off the window regulator attach and reweld onto the new channel, but it has been a long time since I did that project.  Paint the new channel with something like Rustoleum Rust Reformer before installing the glass and it will last a long time.
The flat glass itself is easily cut by an auto glass shop using the old glass as a pattern.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

Getting the correct tinting will be the problem when getting glass cut.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon