News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Master Cylinder

Started by dn010, June 15, 2022, 11:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dn010

Mine is leaking, needs a sleeve and the cost of that is almost as much as a brand new master cylinder. Figured I'd see if anyone has a good rebuildable one laying around they could part with.
What do you have?
Thank you.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

Poncholover

It is my firm belief that a competently sleeved & rebuilt master is preferable to whatever a "new" one implies these days.
I am increasingly disgusted with offshore counterfeit parts.That goes for what comes in GM parts boxes these days as well..
Keep us posted!
Flattie Caddy

Bob Pawluk

Have here in Michigan bobpawlukemail addresses not permitted

dn010

Hi Bob, I sent you a PM, I can't see what your email address is to email you.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

cwbbear

Just food for thought from my lesson.  I sent mine into be rebuilt and it turned out to be an after market and not worth the rebuild.  I have had the car for 20 years and the master looked like it was therefor ever, so who knows when replaced.   SO validate a rebuildable one is a real one.  Yes I bought a new at less then rebuilding the old.  The cost of my lesson?  shipping the old one across country - amazing UPS costs these days

dn010

Thanks for your post Chris. I've noticed a difference between aftermarket and original is the raised lettering on the side of the original saying Delco Moraine Product Div. I've seen aftermarkets with nothing or some with just Made in the USA raised on the side which I question. Thank you for sharing your experience as I would probably have overlooked this despite knowing some differences.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean