News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'75 Eldorado Fuel Efficiency Switch/Relay

Started by benji808, June 07, 2022, 08:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benji808

Interested in trying a new one. Let me know what you got!  :)

Big Fins

Take the old one out, check that it holds vacuum. Then see if the continuity is switched under harder vacuum. I sprayed DeOxit contact cleaner onto the contacts of mine and the plug connections and it works as it's supposed to.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

benji808

benji808

No longer need the part - took mine off, sprayed contact cleaner, messed around with the screws and attempted to bench test it, put it back on and it works now!! If I had to put money on it I would bet that the ground nut onto the firewall bolt was just a bit lose. lol. Thanks John for the recommendation!

Big Fins

Always go for the cheaper, easy way to repair things before breaking the bank.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille