News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Pics from the '22 Grand National

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, June 21, 2022, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

They're starting to trickle in.
Go to "this" CLC facebook page, you can't post on the 'official' CLC one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cadillaclasalleclub
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

CadillacFanBob

I was there today around noon, with another CLC member, did see the first arrival car under car cover in parking lot that was pictured on facebook.com, a few more cars and trailers arriving, not much activity on parking lot, starting to get more excited.

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois

Poncholover

Flattie Caddy

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Shout out to Jason Edge who posted a hundred or more pics from the Nationals on the Facebook page,
we appreciate it! Looked like a grand time.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Carfreak

It really was a fantastic week.  We didn't participate on tours other than the Route 66 Tour which started the event on Tuesday and of course the Wednesday Welcome Reception.  Other GN participants spoke about the great tours they attended. 

In addition to coming home with stuff from the CLC Swap and several new shirts from GM Club Apparel, we had an opportunity to visit the Buick Nats Swap Meet and Show on Friday in nearby Lisle, IL.  What was interesting was info that the Buick Club has voted to move forward to investigate constructing a building at the Gilmore where it would join the CLC Museum, Pierce Arrow, CCCA, Franklin, Lincoln and Model A Clubs. 

As someone else explained, Saturday's weather made judging difficult but participants and spectators still found time to view the beautiful cars on display, interact and catch up from missing the past two years. As much as we really enjoy seeing the cars, it really is about the people - old friends and meeting new ones. 

Kudos to the West of the Lake Region and everyone else who volunteered to make this event happen but most of all to Marsha Redman, CLC National Meets & Tours Director who put her heart and soul into the GN; I don't know if she even took time to sleep all week. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on June 28, 2022, 12:07:37 AMShout out to Jason Edge who posted a hundred or more pics from the Nationals on the Facebook page,
we appreciate it! Looked like a grand time.

Can somebody post a link that gets me to the 100+ pictures from the Grand National.

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on June 28, 2022, 05:44:29 PMCan somebody post a link that gets me to the 100+ pictures from the Grand National.

Mike

Mike see the first post (mine) on this thread, the link is there. You have to be on Facebook.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Vince Taliano #13852

Click the link below to view some more pictures, courtesy of Lynn Gardner and Jack McClow.

http://www.clcpotomacregion.org/2022grandnational.htm
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Jason Edge

Here are some of my GN pics I stored on Facebook albums:

1962 and Prior
1964 Cadillacs at the GN
1963-64 Cadillac Chapter Meet-Up
Architectural Boat Tour of Chicago
Grand National Welcome Reception
Driving Tour - Route 66
Driving Tour - Joilet Prison

You can see everything I have posted on my timeline if you are on Facebook at www.jasonedge.com
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Lexi

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on June 28, 2022, 09:32:49 PMMike see the first post (mine) on this thread, the link is there. You have to be on Facebook.

If Mike is like others I know, Facebook is a minefield of confusion with tons of clutter & extraneous stuff thrust at the viewer. Unless you are on it regularly I find that it is not particularly intuitive. When I first got on "Face-crack" when it was new, I soon became aware that you had to "eat and sleep it" to keep on top of things and properly manage your account. I also found it incredibly invasive which its founder has long since admitted. Not good. I went on it today and not sure if I even found these pics. What I did find was it took several minutes just to find the "off" switch (i.e. log out). The constant changing and privacy breaches are what turned me off of it years ago. I also used to get a gazillion messages daily that told me what mundane things my friends were doing or getting pictures of food from them, (i.e. "foodies"). WTF? As I recall you could turn such notifications off, but I wound up thinking that my time would be better spent re-arranging my belly lint collection... Despite its obvious advantages, the digital world has created a lot of intellectual laziness while it alienated older people. I would love to see those Cadillac shots as I had to miss this year's GN. The Lynn Gardner and Jack McClow pictures linked by Vince were very good. Lovely shots. Vince much thanks for posting that! Anyhow, my rant for the day. LOL. Clay/Lexi

Edit: Jason thanks for those links as well. Very nice shots.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: Lexi on June 29, 2022, 11:32:48 AMIf Mike is like others I know, Facebook is a minefield of confusion with tons of clutter & extraneous stuff thrust at the viewer. Unless you are on it regularly I find that it is not particularly intuitive. When I first got on "Face-crack" when it was new, I soon became aware that you had to "eat and sleep it" to keep on top of things and properly manage your account. I also found it incredibly invasive which its founder has long since admitted. Not good. I went on it today and not sure if I even found these pics. What I did find was it took several minutes just to find the "off" switch (i.e. log out). The constant changing and privacy breaches are what turned me off of it years ago. I also used to get a gazillion messages daily that told me what mundane things my friends were doing or getting pictures of food from them, (i.e. "foodies"). WTF? As I recall you could turn such notifications off, but I wound up thinking that my time would be better spent re-arranging my belly lint collection... Despite its obvious advantages, the digital world has created a lot of intellectual laziness while it alienated older people. I would love to see those Cadillac shots as I had to miss this year's GN. The Lynn Gardner and Jack McClow pictures linked by Vince were very good. Lovely shots. Vince much thanks for posting that! Anyhow, my rant for the day. LOL. Clay/Lexi

Edit: Jason thanks for those links as well. Very nice shots.

Thanks Clay,

I don't feel so bad now....every-time I go on "face-crack" looking for something I'm scrolling thru pages of crap....

And I still haven't found the Grand National pictures that Jason posted....but I'm thankful that he now has the direct links to what I want...

Thanks, Guys......Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Lexi

Mike LMAO. I think inadvertently we have both come up with a new name for Facebook as an adjunct to "Facecrack", (due to its addictive nature to some). How does "Facecrap" sound? Navigating Facecrap is like hitting a busy 12 lane highway through a major American city at rush hour with a load of advertising signs lit up to distract while you hope to pick the right toll lane while trying to avoid getting an a__ full of fender! Clay/Lexi

The Tassie Devil(le)

I call it Farcebook.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Lexi

"Farcebook". Love it. Another good one. Clay/Lexi

Roger Zimmermann

Some French speaking people call it "Face de bouc" Don't expect a translation from me...
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Snibbor

Love the hate for FB....Very entertaining! Side note...saw the Elvis movie last night with the fam...Some pretty caddies throughout....Movie was so so....little too much of a docum thru the eyes of his manager......

Cape Cod Fleetwood

C'mon guys, F**Kbook is the correct noun. You can spend a few minutes setting
your preferences which works for a while, or just installing FaceBookPrivacy.
Searching is easy, top left corner is the "search" bar.
Lexi you don't like my foodie pics?  >:(

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Lexi

F**kbook. LOL! Another good one. I found that not much has changed between old and new Face-Crack BS. Its like comparing Piles to Haemorrhoids. And I don't recall seeing your foodie shots Laurie. Sorry to mention following that analogy. Can we please get back to Cadillac'n now?  :)  Clay/Lexi \ww/

Bryan J Moran

Thank you all for providing the clear HD photos of the cars and more importantly -the members (people) of the CLC.  More important than the cars alone perhaps and proof we made it past some dark times the last 2 years. 
CLC 35000 in number only

KOKNEYELDO

I have never joined FB and do not want to join it.

But I would like to see the photographs if anyone can send them as regular JPEG's or PDF's.
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!