News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Report from Lombard

Started by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364, June 25, 2022, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Well
After what I thought were 4 days of absolutely fantastic weather (compared to San Antonio) today , Saturday, show day at the GN woke up to rain with predictions of 100% until 2pm and thunderstorms. More and mor everyday I believe that old adage " we make plans and God laughs"
I want to thank everybody that took the time to come to my session on Cadillac AC and especially thank Glenn Brown and all the folks that helped put this shindig together
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Bob Kielar

Great seminar on Cadillac A/C systems learned a lot. I'm sure I will be in touch when I convert my 55 Cadillac back to R-12 from R-134a.

Regards,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Did they manage to judge the cars?  If they could not get
started until mid-afternoon I don't see how that would
be possible.  It's unfortunate that it rained on show
day.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Jason Edge

Judging was completed yesterday and awards received last night.  Some judged early, then some intermittent judging as weather permitted, then all completed as rain moved out around 2 pm. 
 Many pictures from show field and banquet have been posted on the CLC Facebook group athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/cadillaclasalleclub
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Thanks for posting that info.  That's quite an accomplishment for the judges to have been able to pull that off.  Glad it all worked out!  I've judged at many previous GN's and it's a tough job even in perfect weather!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Bryan J Moran

I heard the event was a low attendance event.  BCA had 306 registered cars with few open areas but CLC was less than 75.  Weird there would be so much rain in late June.  Would be nice to have a photo thread but it's been crickets. 

Been crickets for most clubs for 3 years, maybe a slow recovery from the Pandemic. 
CLC 35000 in number only

Jason Edge

I looked at a picture I took from the roof balcony and see about 140 cars doing a rough count. There is also an area up against the wall with cars that you cannot see and would guesstimate about 150. This doesn't include other cars over on the swap meet and car corral field. The cars were spread out over 2 very large show fields. There were some no shows and not a a huge turnout compared to some prior GNs, but we did have well north of 100 cars on the field. 
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC MRC Benefactor

quadfins

There were about 190 numbered spaces, and judging by the crowd at the Welcome Reception, pretty good attendance.

Will be curious to see the actual numbers when published in the Self Starter.
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Jason Edge

There were also some local cars & trailered cars that were there until about 9 to 9:30 am, then left or went into the trailer, then returned later in the day. Looking at the picture I posted above I know of one white 64-6267 convertible that is missing in my field picture taken above as the rains had started, but returned in the afternoon. You can see it in the left of this picture with the 64's taken about 9am.  The point being the field was a bit fluid (literally) with some cars coming and going and sometimes coming again.

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC MRC Benefactor

Carfreak

Quote from: Bryan J Moran on June 26, 2022, 10:13:18 PMI heard the event was a low attendance event.  BCA had 306 registered cars with few open areas but CLC was less than 75.  Weird there would be so much rain in late June.  Would be nice to have a photo thread but it's been crickets. 

I would agree with Jason that apparently you heard wrong.  The GN show field was sparsely populated prior the show but as explained, many cars were in trailers, quite a few were local and only showed up on Saturday while more were in the parking structure. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.