News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

SMS auto fabrics as of July 2022

Started by Caddy Wizard, July 15, 2022, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Wizard

An update on ordering from SMS...

My first experience with SMS many years ago (2009?) was excellent.  They shipped high quality, original style fabrics to me for my 49 fastback rather promptly.

My second experience with them was different.  About 2 years ago I ordered some seat fabrics (including V-crest embroidered seat material) for my 55 Fleetwood.  It took about a year to arrive, despite them telling me at the time I placed the order that they had the materials in stock.

This summer I decided to order the rest of the fabrics for the interior of my 55 Fleetwood.  They said that they would run the one fabric in a couple of weeks and would ship everything in about 2-3 weeks.  Well, it has been about 3-4 weeks and I got a notice from UPS today that the shipment from SMS is arriving at my home today.  SMS appears to be getting their customer service back on track...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

David Greenburg

That is good to hear.  My '61 has some thin spots in the cloth, and I've been thinking that I should order now so that I'll have it in a year or two when the thin spots have gotten bad.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Art, as you have no doubt read from me before I had a really bad time with them, in particular with Doug Pollock. I'm pleased to hear what you've said as there is one thing I have always said - their product is great, unfortunately their service wasn't in my experience.

Roger Zimmermann

I hope for you that you will not notice a difference between both cloth batches. You took a high risk to place tow orders for the same product.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

I am STILL waiting for just fabric in to complete my 49 coupe front door panels. Ordered
 in February. My prior order for the seat material was shipped within a week , but that was last year.
MICHAEL LYNCH
Wisconsin

UPDATE ..... Just got a call from SMS They are shipping my fabric today !!

MICHAEL LYNCH
Wisconsin

Moody

Been over a year on some of my material. Oh well, that's one less year I have to wait! 
Moody

UPDATE :Today I received the blue broadcloth for my 49 Club Coupe door panels.
I had been sent five samples labeled A-E . The C choice matched perfectly ; which is
what I ordered. They send cloth that is in NO WAY close to sample . It is at least 3 shades lighter than what I ordered.
  BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD  (and probably 5-6 months for the right stuff)

Michael Lynch
MICHAEL LYNCH
Wisconsin

35-709

And here I was starting to think SMS was turning over a new leaf.   ::)
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Matti R

Regardless of all posts, I am trying to order a hide of perforated leather for my 67 convertible. No reply to my order, which I have placed twice already. I don`t understand that.
I have received earlier one shipment of correct materials, with long leadtime though.131FD6F1-3771-431E-99B1-8F66DAAFC3B7.jpeg
Best regards,
Matti
CLC #33333
67 DeVille convertible Sudan beige
79 Seville
64 Sedan DeVille
66 Calais Coupe

V63

Quote from: 1949 on August 19, 2022, 05:27:09 PMUPDATE :Today I received the blue broadcloth for my 49 Club Coupe door panels.
I had been sent five samples labeled A-E . The C choice matched perfectly ; which is
what I ordered. They send cloth that is in NO WAY close to sample . It is at least 3 shades lighter than what I ordered.
  BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD  (and probably 5-6 months for the right stuff)

Michael Lynch

GOOD LUCK getting a refund, ask me how I know. I gave up, lost $600 there and went all leather elsewhere.
They have such great potential with their offerings ....