News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

FS: 1947 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan Restomod LS3 6.2L 415HP

Started by Justin Norwood, October 10, 2022, 08:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Norwood

FOR SALE: 1947 Cadillac Series 62 · Sedan · Restomod · LS3 6.2L 415HP
PICTURES: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1947-cadillac-62-wilmington-nc-2721028
PRICE: $114,995

In 1947 Cadillac was the "Standard of the World." The one word that conveyed fine styling, unsurpassed luxury, and meticulous quality was unquestionably: Cadillac. Cadillac was THE choice of A-list Hollywood celebrities at the time, including: Marilyn Monroe, Ronald Reagan, Clark Gable, Gene Autry, and Doris Day.

On June 23, 1947, this Cadillac Series 62 Sedan rolled off of the assembly line optionally equipped with under-seat heaters, fog lights, and a backup light. Fast forward 75 years, and this show-ready, tour-ready Cadillac has undergone a four-year restoration during which it was remade into a period-honoring restomod. This "better than new" Cadillac is now powered by a 6.2L LS3 V8 making 415 horsepower, mated to 6L80e six speed automatic transmission and a 9" rear end with positraction. Additional modifications include a full chassis wiring harness, Wildwood brakes, a custom aluminum radiator, and stainless steel exhaust. For creature comforts, an Old Air Products "Hurricane" air conditioning system has been added, and the original radio has been retrofitted for bluetooth, AM and FM. The 15" wheels are appropriately garnished with the infamous Cadillac "sombrero" hubcaps, which are surrounded by Diamond Back Classic II tires with extra wide white walls.

The 1942-1947 era Cadillacs are one of the most beautiful designs in all of automotive history. With this in mind, significant care was taken during the restoration of this Cadillac to honor what we believe to be the pinnacle of Harley Earl's Art Deco designs. For example, instead of opting for modern/retro-style gauges, the original gauges and clock were restored, converted from 6 volts to 12 volts, and calibrated to work with the LS3 powertrain and wiring harness. Furthermore, while many restomods have a modern(ish) steering column, great lengths were taken to keep the original steering column, steering wheel, brake pedal and accelerator. The extraordinary level of care taken during this restoration is epitomized by the transmission position indicator, which was meticulously redesigned with identical font to fit the stops for the new 6L80e transmission. The cherry on top is the paint on the LS3 coil covers, which was color matched to the green color on the original flathead V8!

The majority of the work done on this Cadillac was performed by Steve Cooley of Homosassa, Florida. Cooley is the world's foremost restorer of 1940s Cadillacs, and his work has been recognized with a "First In Show" award at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. Cooley performed the world-class restoration of the wood graining on the dashboard and interior panels as well as the powertrain upgrade to the Cadillac. The custom leather interior was designed and handcrafted by the artisans at Innerworx of Sarasota, Florida. Innerworx cars are regularly displayed at SEMA and an Innerworx customer won First Place at the 2019 Detroit Autorama. The materials used by Innerworx were the finest from Relicate, including 1000 Series full grain leather and Serafil threads. The mirror-like, black exterior paint was expertly applied by Ashton Auto Restoration in Sarasota, Florida and perfected with "paint correction" and ceramic coating application by Ceramic Pro Sarasota. Chrome restoration to the grill and "Flying Lady" hood ornament was performed by the best in the business - Graves Plating in Florence, Alabama.

This 1947 Cadillac traces its roots back to Bomberger Cadillac in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where the original owner purchased it for the grand sum of $2,128.55. The Caddy remained in Pennsylvania from 1947 until 2016, then spent two years in New Jersey, where it was bought by the current owner in 2018.

Documentation on this Caddy abounds, including a copy of the original build sheet, registration and maintenance records from prior owners, and photos and records relevant to the restoration. Additionally, the seller will provide an original Cadillac sales brochure from the 1947 model year, the original manual that came with the car, the original instructional cards that hung in the car when it rolled off the assembly line, the original 1947 Pennsylvania license plate, and an original 1942 - 1947 shop manual.

Bottom line:
This Caddy is a true 1-of-1, it turns heads wherever it goes, and will be appreciated by someone who wants to stand out from the crowd. At the valet lineup at the Ritz-Carlton, it regularly bumps run-of-the-mill McLarens, Ferraris, and Bentleys from the spot of honor. Best of all, this Cadillac drives as well as it looks and is ready to tour across the country comfortably and reliably for 75 more years!

This Caddy is now offered by the current owner with the original jack, the original spare tire, and a clean North Carolina title. It is currently located in Wilmington, North Carolina. Seller will arrange shipments worldwide. To schedule a showing, please call Justin at (385) 910-4022.

Seller is open to trade offers for similarly-valued classics or exotics, or restomods.
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan

Jon Riley #13576

Hard to say that it is CCCA and AACA tour ready when it would not be allowed on either tour.   Great car, but it is a restomod and not invited to either AACA or CCCA. 

Justin Norwood

Jon, thanks for the compliment on the car! My understanding is that, as a restomod, it can't be shown at CCCA and AACA shows, but that it can tour. I'll give them a call to confirm. All the best

Jon Riley #13576

Respectfully, a restomod goes against the intent and purpose of those two clubs. 

Even if it slipped by, and showed up on a tour, 98 percent of the membership would comment that the car was ruined because it was restomoded.

Great car, but the AACA and ccca are the wrong audience for a restomod.   

Justin Norwood

Thanks for the feedback! I have adjusted the copy above, accordingly! All the best!

Bryan J Moran

As Jon noted, that is a beautiful car and great presentation. 
CLC 35000 in number only

Justin Norwood

Thanks, Bryan!

Price reduced to $119,000!

Still a great tour car for CLC and Goodguys :) If you're on the CLC national tour and want to see it while you're passing through Wilmington, let me know!

Justin Norwood

Price reduced to $114,995!

badpoints

Awesome car. Would be a great driver. Cost the same as a new Escalade. The seller must be losing his shirt. All that work was done since 2018 and selling it 4 years later?
I can't imagine how much that car cost to build.

Justin Norwood

As the seller, I can confirm that I am NOT making a profit here! ;)

Justin Norwood

dinhnguyen57

1941 Series 62 coupe
1959 Eldorado Seville
1990 Allante
2007 Mercedes S550
2009 STS
2018 Chrysler Pacifica

Justin Norwood

Update: Seller fell through at the 11th hour back in May, so I relisted this one-of-a-kind Caddy on Hemmings at:
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1947-cadillac-62-wilmington-nc-2721028

Justin Norwood

P.S I added up the total investment; I have receipts totaling $173,716...all recorded in a 3" binder full of all of the documentation!