News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Silly question: When/Where/How can we get our photos from the GN

Started by ElZilchoTX, June 12, 2018, 12:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElZilchoTX

Got my car's photo taken at the Self Starter booth at the Grand Nationals but I am not sure how to get those pictures. Does anyone know?
Ryan Albert Donovan - CLC # 31361
62' Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Jeff Hansen

Ryan,

Contact Tim Coy, the Art Director for The Self-Starter.  He will know.  His contact information is in that magazine.

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

chrisntam

Weren't "select" cars going to be featured in the Self Starter?

I'm looking for my '70 to be in there, it looked pretty good (camera was 20 feet away!)

;)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

nysdarkblue

Tim usually will send your photo via email, as long as he has it, which should be going out soon. As far as the self starter, I don't know who chooses the photos, they usually try to get new cars featured. Out of the 8 Grand Nationals I was at, my car was in 3x's. If he doesn't have your email, then contact him.
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

Art Director

To Ryan and Chris, please e-mail me at self-starterdesign@cadillaclasalleclub.org and I'll send you a copy of the best photo taken of your cars at the Grand National. I don't see your listings in the current Directory, so you must have joined the CLC after August 2017.

To answer Bill's question, I generally choose the photos to go into the magazine after Alan Clark transfers them to me following the Grand National. I use a database covering the last 15 years of issues of The Self-Starter to find out if that owner's car  has appeared in the past. If not, the car has an excellence chance to appear in the magazine. Who wants to see the same cars over and over? And we love displaying cars belonging to newer members, which likely have not been seen before.

Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

yachtflame

Tom,
  I took a first in class at Lake George in 2014 with my 1930 LSalle sedan. I was very excited to receive the award especially since I drove it the 185 miles to get there. The photographer asked if he could get several more pictures in a different location then the regular shoot because he wanted to offer them for a cover of the Self Starter. That was the last I’ve heard or seen about it. I’m just wondering if the pictures didn’t come out well or if they just put them aside for a future issue. We all like to see our “pride and joy” exhibited!

Wayne Elsworth
CLC member 17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075