News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CAUTION - BEWARE Popper Kuhn..Ever Heard of Him? CAUTION - BEWARE

Started by carlhungness, July 14, 2021, 12:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

Anyone in the club ever heard of Popper Kuhn, e mail popperkuhnemail addresses not permitted
He responded to my request for horns and immediately asked what my location was.
I wanted to tell him I was sitting in front of my computer, but didn't. I did write back to him and asked him pricing, asked him to call me, with no response. Thus we may have another scammer. I can't make an accusation for sure, but he's raised my eyebrows.

The Tassie Devil(le)

CAUTION  BEWARE

This person is the subject of another Member notifying the Webmaster of a possible Spammer, so please be very careful with dealing with this person.

At this stage, it is difficult to check, as he hasn't joined as a Member, but the person who is mentioning him has been banned, as his IP address was in 3 different Countries.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

carlhungness

He just sent me photos of a trumpet horn, and I had previously asked him for a price, which he did not include in the second e mail, so I think he's a scammer. I won't send him any money.

Jay Friedman

I advertised on the parts wanted section of the forum that I wanted a certain part.  He answered and said he had it.  I looked in the club directory to see if he was a member.  When I didn't see his name, I was immediately suspicious and did not reply to him.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

carlhungness

He tells me he has a horn, did not give me a price, I asked why, he said, "You didn't ask about price" which I did ask..now he's hassling me.

Dave Shepherd

carlhungness

When one thinks about it, telling someone they are, whatever, just might
backfire in the rare circumstance the person is actually disturbed. I did let this man know some of us in the Cad club are wary of him, but that probably wasn't a great idea. It felt a bit good to uncover a scammer, but we never know just how far a disturbed person might go for revenge. I think it might be best for me to keep my emotions in check so as not to attract any physical incidents. I've dealt with 4-6 of these clowns in the past few years and I think I should tone down my own responses when I find out what they're trying to do.

Dave Shepherd

Jim Miller

I had put out a request for a 1953 cam and received a response from a legitimate CLC member, and we talked on the phone. BUT, I also received a message from a Karljoues0 that I should contact popper and gave a gmail address. I did not respond.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX