News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Movie , Tin Men

Started by billyoung, January 28, 2023, 06:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyoung

Back in the late 1990's when I was working at Met Life in Rochester, New York a younger man came to work with us who had grown up in Baltimore Md. where Tin Men was filmed and at that time he told me he worked as a Bellman at the Hotel that Richard Dreyfuss and Danny DeVito were staying at while filming the Movie. One morning he said he was present when the two men were entering a new Cadillac to take them to where they were filming and he herd DeVito say to Dreyfuss ( this isn't a Cadillac, the cars we're driving in the Movie are real Cadillac's ) I will never forget him telling me that, a fun tidbit about one of my favorite movies.
 ( Did you get your new Cadillac? Yes, It's already been hit )
Age 68, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

Vince Taliano #13852

Quote from: billyoung on January 28, 2023, 06:47:00 AMBack in the late 1990's when I was working at Met Life in Rochester, New York a younger man came to work with us who had grown up in Baltimore Md. where Tin Men was filmed and at that time he told me he worked as a Bellman at the Hotel that Richard Dreyfuss and Danny DeVito were staying at while filming the Movie. One morning he said he was present when the two men were entering a new Cadillac to take them to where they were filming and he herd DeVito say to Dreyfuss ( this isn't a Cadillac, the cars we're driving in the Movie are real Cadillac's ) I will never forget him telling me that, a fun tidbit about one of my favorite movies.
 ( Did you get your new Cadillac? Yes, It's already been hit )

Tin Men was filmed in my hometown of Baltimore before I was a CLC member.  View the story on its 30th anniversary in the April 2017 issue of the Caddie Chronicle, pages 7-9.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Lexi

Lots of vintage (mainly) 60s Cads in Tim Men. Worth a watch. Clay/Lexi

TonyZappone #2624

When Mike McEvoy and I started  (what is now the Western New York Region) you Bill, were indeed one of our most enthusiastic members.  The club has moved on to Buffalo now, but I still remember those get togethers in my back yard around the pool.  I bet we parked 25 or 30 cars back there.  Great times.  Most of those people are gone now
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

David Greenburg

Watched it recently; it holds up pretty well! 
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

billyoung

Dear Tony, My Friend

We indeed had many good times. I will never forget the show day you showed up with the Bahama Blue 1956 Biarritz and you said ( Bill, I brought one you've never seen ) and the look on your face when I told you I first say the car in 1972 in Pennsylvania in front of the Zimmerman Auto Museum and had photographed it. LOL
Age 68, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.