News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 Climate control works .... but

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, October 07, 2019, 10:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Fins

And just what did you VW guys do when it was 95F with same humidity out there? Open the windows?  ;)

Cadillac Climate Control, is a tad more complicated than pulling a lever on the tranny tunnel for heat.

The upper crust wants to be sure their fine Italian suits doesn't wrinkle prior to their $1000/plate luncheon.  ;D
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

So that’s how you transportation fuel moguls live.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

cadillacmike68

There is nothing better than a functioning Climate Control and nothing more exasperating than one that has gone psychotic.   8)
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

dochawk

Quote from: Big Fins on October 21, 2019, 06:34:28 PM
And just what did you VW guys do when it was 95F with same humidity out there? Open the windows?  ;)

I was in Northern California, in the foothills of the Santa Cruz mountains.

Humidity was something in the laundry room, not a weather condition . . .

:P

And I permanently solved it by settling in Las Vegas.   I'll take 115F here over 85 in Iowa any day.

And, no, I don't own VWs here.  not just the lack of real AC, but that the very idea of being in one of those around the other drivers here terrifies me.  We have bad drivers from around the country, and the size of the '93 Fleetwood I just picked up clearly made a difference three times as I crossed town tonight for my CLC regional meeting . . .
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)