News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Anyone else getting

Started by 60eldo, March 05, 2020, 07:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Anyone else but me getting ansie. We had a few beautiful days here in Toronto, sunny 50 F. And I think should I un wrap her and take her out. mmmm But still alot of salt on the road. BUT ITS SUNNY AND DRY.  I cant take much more of winter. Now its suppose to snow tomorrow, but weekend looks great. Its up and down. And Im still looking for another 60 eldo, ya good luck with that.
Jon. Kluczynski

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Ansie,.. oh yea Jon....chomping at the bit is more like it....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

chrisntam

Drove mine today, it was 72 and nary a cloud in the sky.

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

BlackCads

You need some good rainy days and nights to get the salt off the roads.
Can't believe it it was sunny and 50 in Toronto.
Boston has had a very mild winter so far but March can be fickle.
I don't like to take my cars out until I know the snow and salt are gone for the season.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Got 45 mm of rain yesterday.   Best rain for years, and all up and down the East Coast of Australia.   Yes, some parts flooded.

Salt down here is used for the fish'n'chips.

The Caddy will be out shortly, as soon as I have completed the front brakes.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Drive all of mine, rain or shine because my 4 - 70's era cars are all we have. Believe it or not they don't melt in the rain and you could toast marshmallows with their heaters.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

60eldo

Where ru,,,location. What about salt. Im thinkin here, now they use brine,,,,,what ever that is, but at least its not salt that can get stuck in the tire tread and go up into body.
Jon. Kluczynski

Cadillac Fleetwood

Quote from: 60eldo on March 05, 2020, 09:27:08 PM
  Where ru,,,location. What about salt. Im thinkin here, now they use brine,,,,,what ever that is, but at least its not salt that can get stuck in the tire tread and go up into body.

Brine, by definition,  is a high concentration of salt dissolved in water, from as low as 3.5% salt up to about 25%

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Jon S

Had mine out Monday
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Jim Miller

The streets appear clear and a forecast of 55 on Sunday - so one of the cars will be coming out of hibernation. As far as my newer cars are concerned the article is correct on the brine solution. The magnesium chloride in the solution reacts with humidity and stays wet on the cars. Fortunately I have hot water in the garage and will thoroughly rinse the cars several times between car washings when the streets are nasty with that stuff.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Magnesium chloride is added to brine solution
to make it more effective at lower temperatures. 
However, it's hell on brake lines, fuel lines or
any other non coated steel surfaces.

It's more corrosive than plain old salt, so if they
use it in your area flush the underside and wheel
wells throughout the winter.  Or -- use a car wash
that has underbody spray as part of the treatment.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

76eldo

Here in the Philly area we have had a very mild winter with lots of nice days. They only used salt and brine 2-3 times all winter and not for over a month so I’m free and clear to drive any of them. Going to a local Cars and Coffee tomorrow hopefully.

Hope you find your elusive 60 Seville. Mine is gone. I had sellers remorse as it was being loaded up but I know I wouldn’t be able to do all the work involved due to my increased work schedule so it’s better off.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bill Young

I've had to wash all the sunshine off my 1961 all winter here in central Florida  , now for some spring and summer sun , then back to more winter sun.

Glaswegian

I was out 2 days ago as I take every opportunity to do when dry and sunny 8)

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Conditions are dry but dusty here with plenty of anti skid materials still remaining on road surfaces, resulting in nicks/chips.

Not taking anything out until the street sweepers have been out followed by a good rainstorm.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

59-in-pieces

OK, the So. California report

A week of over 70 and a smidgen of 80+.
Wait, don't get ready to move out here quite yet - 5 days of rain predicted starting Sunday (get it).
OH yes, the weather is screwed up and so is the State (big time) - if I didn't feel so old and lazy, I'd move.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Cadillac Fleetwood

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on March 06, 2020, 11:40:59 AM
OK, the So. California report

A week of over 70 and a smidgen of 80+.
Wait, don't get ready to move out here quite yet - 5 days of rain predicted starting Sunday (get it).
OH yes, the weather is screwed up and so is the State (big time) - if I didn't feel so old and lazy, I'd move.

Have fun,
Steve B.

Steve,
That reads like the weather forecast for the San Diego, California area where I am located.  Are we neighbors?

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

They cover the roadway with gravel (read the rocks up to an inch in size) when we have an ice event here. However there has been an Ice free winter in San Antonio so no rocks just sun.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

fishnjim

Go get a couple Molsons and/or go fish'n, that always works for me.  I just plucked one Golden ale from the fridg for supper.   The Big "O" is at your door step.   Lots of tribs around too.   Might be mostly "closed" this time of year?   Probably some trout open.
Toronto's a good place.   My best driving memory, I got passed severely by a loaded Mack tri axle dump truck and I was doing "80"(mph) in the rental car.   401 is a beast - when it's moving.   Hope the Cad is up to 'er.   Unleash that 390!
I also got chased by a german shepherd while out on the lake out of Oakville, early 90s, after work once.   He came from some lake side mansion.   Lady was calling it but did no good.   Kept barking and swimming after me and I kept moving boat out til it got tired and I left. 
O' Canada, haven't been in >15 years.   By my calculations, you got a couple more months of ccccold!