News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Best of Show - 2022 Hilton Head Car Club Showcase

Started by Carfreak, November 12, 2022, 11:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

Best of Show at the 2022 Hilton Head Car Concours - Club Showcase was a highly modified and beautiful 1932 Cadillac V16 Fleetwood owned by Grady Davis of Rocky Mount, NC.

If you attended the 2022 GN @ Lombard IL this summer you may recognize this car.  It won a 1st Place and Best in Class for Modified cars.   

** the V16 engine was long gone when Grady acquired the car several years ago. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Bryan J Moran

As one who typically is not a fan of "modifieds" I think this is awesome!  1st, the V16 was long gone, 2nd it's a LWB model, which is not getting a lot of love in the pre war collector world these days and it is beautiful. 
CLC 35000 in number only

Caddy Wizard

I like my basically stock 40s and 50s models, but I have to say that I have long admired the resto-mod cars from the 20s and 30s.  Without the resto-mod treatment, many of them would never see the road again and never make another person smile with delight at seeing them on the road or in a car show.  The folks who keep the cosmetics stock but put in a new drivetrain to give these cars new life are heroes in my book.

Bravo!
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

J. Skelly

it looks really nice; thanks for posting, Sue
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Sue:

This must have been some sort of "special class" award
vs. "Best of Show".  I'm on their mailing list and the
BOS was a 1936 Horch Special Roadster.  See this link:
https://classicmotorsports.com/news/1936-horch-853a-special-roadster-wins-best-show-2022-hilton-head-concours/

Mike

1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Carfreak

Quote from: Carfreak on November 12, 2022, 11:33:12 PMBest of Show at the 2022 Hilton Head Car Concours - Club Showcase was a highly modified and beautiful 1932 Cadillac V16 Fleetwood owned by Grady Davis of Rocky Mount, NC.

Mike,

The Car Club Showcase on SATURDAY is different than the Concours on SUNDAY. 

https://www.hhiconcours.com/showcase.html

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Thank you Sue for the info.  Most of these types of
concourse shows have a "cars & coffee" type of event
the day before.  I didn't catch that on my initial read.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Carfreak

No problem. 

Currently the (Sunday) Concours doesn't allow modified cars but you never know, that could change in the future.   :)